Enhancement shamans, the poor souls

#0 - Aug. 13, 2007, 9:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Everytime I come into a battle with an enhancement shaman, I can see them attempt to the best of their effort to beat me, but no matter how hard they try, they always lose, even if they get their hp ahead of mine, I still somehow out crit them and slain them.

Enhancement shaman are truely a poor soul in a duel. I know the game is base on around group play, but even in a group play, enhancement has no survival to even keep up their support for their group. Sure they have heal, but now a days with armors and weapons in so high of a damage, lesser healing for 1100 means nothing, also considering it can be stunned and stop them casting from that school of spell again for "x" amount of seconds, which is pretty much 90% of their spells. Healing is just an excuse for other classes to give about them QQ'ing, but they have no idea that healing plays pretty much no part for an enhancement shaman.

They cannot get away from immobilizing effects, roots, stuns, poly's, etc. to even pop a heal. They cannot kite properly because of these issues. They cannot engage in close combat once they are range kited to prevent classes to constantly blast them with nukes and dots. Sure they can stand there and heal, but this goes back to the top paragraph, healing does not play a part for an enhancement shaman considering the damage classes produce now with gears that provide outrageous stats.

So what are the cause of this for enhancement shaman? Lack of new spells for survivability in the expansion The Burning Crusade. Lack of crowd control and anti-crowd control spells. Enhancement definitely need a full review and looked at for both group play and single battles. I, a warrior today, would like to stand on the shamans side and give them my support for a full review to their enhancement tree. Give these poor souls a fighting chance, and surviving chance, they are in need of help.
#10 - Aug. 27, 2007, 7:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Everytime I come into a battle with an enhancement shaman, I can see them attempt to the best of their effort to beat me, but no matter how hard they try, they always lose, even if they get their hp ahead of mine, I still somehow out crit them and slain them.

Enhancement shaman are truely a poor soul in a duel. I know the game is base on around group play, but even in a group play, enhancement has no survival to even keep up their support for their group. Sure they have heal, but now a days with armors and weapons in so high of a damage, lesser healing for 1100 means nothing, also considering it can be stunned and stop them casting from that school of spell again for "x" amount of seconds, which is pretty much 90% of their spells. Healing is just an excuse for other classes to give about them QQ'ing, but they have no idea that healing plays pretty much no part for an enhancement shaman.

They cannot get away from immobilizing effects, roots, stuns, poly's, etc. to even pop a heal. They cannot kite properly because of these issues. They cannot engage in close combat once they are range kited to prevent classes to constantly blast them with nukes and dots. Sure they can stand there and heal, but this goes back to the top paragraph, healing does not play a part for an enhancement shaman considering the damage classes produce now with gears that provide outrageous stats.

So what are the cause of this for enhancement shaman? Lack of new spells for survivability in the expansion The Burning Crusade. Lack of crowd control and anti-crowd control spells. Enhancement definitely need a full review and looked at for both group play and single battles. I, a warrior today, would like to stand on the shamans side and give them my support for a full review to their enhancement tree. Give these poor souls a fighting chance, and surviving chance, they are in need of help.

The enhancement shaman will be getting some love in the not too distant future. We'll talk soon. Despite this truth, the state of the enhancement spec isn't anywhere near as bad as you proclaim.

Edited to correct spelling error in attempt to save face in the eyes of the perfect, who judge terribly the unfortunate, especially those who transgress against the structure of words.
#355 - April 25, 2008, 7:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please refrain from old threads. Information changes and many people don't pay attention to the timestamps. The last post by a Blizzard employee was on 08/26/2007. As this topic is nearly a year old, I've closed it. Please feel free to create a new thread if you wish but keep it constructive.