Where is Malfurion?

#0 - April 29, 2008, 11:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Where is Tyrande? Where is Deathwing/Neltharion?

What are they doing and where have they been?
There are many rumors about Deathwing, but whatabiut Tyrande? I heard that Malfurion might be stuck in the emerald dream...

Note{ I do not really have any Alliance so forgive me if they inhabit some alliance city.}
#9 - April 29, 2008, 11:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Where is Tyrande? Where is Deathwing/Neltharion?

What are they doing and where have they been?
There are many rumors about Deathwing, but whatabiut Tyrande? I heard that Malfurion might be stuck in the emerald dream...

Note{ I do not really have any Alliance so forgive me if they inhabit some alliance city.}

I think everyone has you covered on this one. :)
#15 - April 29, 2008, 11:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The real question is 'Where are Alleria and Turalyon?"

That's one of many questions isn't it? It seems for every answer, there is a new question that goes along with it. Perhaps we'll find out in time.
#27 - April 29, 2008, 11:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hooray! This is the first time that a Blue has posted in my thread. =)

Yeah, it seems that everyone has heard the same rumors... but where did such rumors originate? Specifically, when did Malfurion enter the Emerald Dream and how did we, as players, find out about his struggle?

Also, since i seem to have your attention, which lore characters would you like to see again Neth? Not necessarily as they would appear in WotLK, but generally in WoW as we progress through the world/story?

You can read about it in the WoW books (War of the Ancients) and other resources. Malfurion went in to thwart Queen Azshara. It was the one way he knew he could get to her and the lackeys at work on utilizing the Well of Eternity and opening the way to the demonic horde known as the Burning Legion (and more importantly, Sargeras). The story is a bit more complex than that, however. I'm oversimplifying by far.

I'm more of the type that I get just as much enjoyment out of meeting new characters as I do old. And not to sound too predictable; I'm very much looking forward to seeing Arthas again. I think he's been one of my favorite tragic heroes/unwitting villains. Even if I'll be looking at him from the wrong (right) side of the fence.
#35 - April 30, 2008, 12:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth you might be confused, when he said Emerald dream i think he meant present day, the books(if you can call them that) focus on his adventures thousands of years ago.

AFAIK the player base hasn't had a solid confirmation on what Malfurion is battling currently in the Emerald Dream

In present time you could say he's making a sacrifice for the good of his people, even leaving the love of his life behind.

Q u o t e:
I must disagree. Arthas is neither tragic nor unwitting. He did not come into his own as a character until he became a villain - and even his "fall" was far too smooth. He revels in his corruption - and has, time and time again, gone above and beyond the bare necessities of serving the Scourge.

The Lich King's plans and desires were passed on to him through the advise of Kel'Thuzad (and, later on in Frozen Throne, through the Lich King directly - in a rather painful manner). However, the conversion of Sylvanas was nothing but his own personal spite. Even before the loss of his soul, his coldhearted brutality went beyond what you could justify through the Lich King's whisperings.

I doubt very much that the reign of King Arthas would've been free of murders and atrocities even if Ner'Zhul did not snatch him up for his own.

You can't say that his becoming the Lich King was premeditated by him now can you? The smooth planning of it, was not his own. He was had more than he had. Now that he is the Lich King, you could say he's under his own control, but is it really him, or is he just an amalgam of souls twisted to a new purpose?
#40 - April 30, 2008, 12:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

True, but my point still stands that while we know hes fighting something, we have no idea what happened to him other than "*poof* Hmm I'm sleeping now, oh look bad guys I must fight"

You never know what the future could hold. I say this often, but it still holds true, there is a lot of lore within the World of Warcraft that still has yet to be explored and new discoveries and truths are uncovered as we go.
#48 - April 30, 2008, 12:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

It is important to note that while Arthas was indeed lead about by Ner'zuhl, every choice that he made was of his own volition until he picked up Frostmourne. After that we can say that Arthas was atleast partially under the control of Ner'zuhl. But up until that point Arthas was very much responsible, tragic but responsible none the less.

But that could have been his youthful pride and his self-indulgence of what he thought was right leading him down the wrong path (and into the hands of Ner'zhul) as well. Thus why I say unwittingly. He thought he was performing good deeds even though they were distasteful in order to overcome evil. The road to hell and all that.
#59 - April 30, 2008, 12:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

But then, the neat thing about the lore are these kinds of disagreements and arguments, so, meh.

I agree. We could easily debate for a bit on whether or not there was one particular defining point in which he "fell from grace". I don't see Stratholme as that point no matter how repugnant it may have been to others. But that could just be me. ;)