Families and DK Limits

#0 - May 9, 2008, 4:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
THIS THREAD IS FULL, PLEASE CHECK THE CONTINUATION HERE:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=10001&sid=1

I have compiled a bunch of the ideas from this thread and created a new one to continue the discussion, please post there with new ideas and any concerns/solutions I might have missed when going back through the thread.

Some info seemed to point to a 1 DK per account per realm limit, and others state that it hasn't been "nailed down". The problem I see with limiting it to one is this: my husband and I both share our accounts with one of our children (yes they are minors :D). We all play on the same realm so we can help each other out when needed. If this restriction goes into place, only two of us will be able to have a DK. This seems like a strange limitation. Since you are allowed in the ToS to share your account with 1 minor, shouldn't the limit (if there HAS to be one) be 2 DKs per realm? I don't really like the idea of having to share characters, it's nice for each of us to have our own, with our own spec, items, etc. Anyway, I would like to hear from others about this, and bliz too if they have the time! :)

TLDR ppl: since according to the ToS you can share your account with 1 minor child, shouldn't the DK limit (if there MUST be one) be 2 DK instead of 1?

EDIT: thanks for pointing out the typo :)

EDIT2000: Again, this is NOT about money it's about the fact that the ToS allows you to share your account with 1 of your minor children. It would make sense then that if up to 2 people can share an account, that up to 2 people can make a DK. This would allow the parents and children to have their own characters, spec, items, level at their own pace, etc.

CLARIFICATION: What I am saying in a nutshell, is since my husband and I share an account with our two children (each of us with JUST one), we will not all be able to make a DK. We would each like to have our own DK . We can't currently do this without sending off the children to play unsupervised on a different realm, and making them relevel a character without familial support. We all worked hard on the characters we have on the realms we are currently on. I simply would like to see the limit increased to 2, given the fact that you can share your account with a minor child. Thank you to everyone who has replied! :)

EDIT: Edited the title so hopefully it would make more sense. :D

EDITED with new source:

For those who think that the 1 DK per realm limit is finalized, I would direct you to the interview with J.Allen Brack, found here:

http://www.worldofwar.net/articles/413363/jallen-brack-interview-transcript

I had to go back and reread all of the new info to find this, but it's what prompted me to post in the first place and express my concern.

"Is there one DK limit per server?

Right now we haven't nailed that down. The idea is that you can create a DK on any server you currently play on."

As you can see, the limit has NOT been finalized. It is in IDEA stage. This is why I posted and will continue to address the situation in hopes that Blizzard will take it into consideration.

DONE: The trolls filled this thread, and I am currently working on compiling the constructive ideas from this thread to make a new one which will allow the discussion to continue. Thanks all who've really contributed great ideas here!
#4 - May 9, 2008, 4:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Some info seemed to point to a 1 DK per acct limit, and others state that it hasn't been "nailed down". The problem I see with limiting it to one is this: my husband and I both share our accounts with one of our children (yes they are minors :D). We all play on the same realm so we can help each other out when needed. If this restriction goes into place, only two of us will be able to have a DK. This seems like a strange limitation. Since you are allowed in the ToS to share your account with 1 minor, shouldn't the limit (if there HAS to be one) be 2 DKs per realm? I don't really like the idea of having to share characters, it's nice for each of us to have our own, with our own spec, items, etc. Anyway, I would like to hear from others about this, and bliz too if they have the time! :)

TLDR ppl: since you can share your account with 1 minor child, shouldn't the DK limit (if there MUST be one) be 1 DK instead of 2?

One per realm. Not one per account.
#33 - May 9, 2008, 4:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Is it limited per faction?

ie. If I have a level 55 alliance on a PvE realm, will I be able to create a level 55 horde DK?

I believe it should be the same realm creation limitations as now. So you should be able to make it on the opposite faction on a PvE realm. If this is incorrect though, I'll let you all know.
#59 - May 9, 2008, 5:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please refrain from turning this thread into a parenting discussion. It is inappropriate and is only serving to derail the thread. I really don't want to suspend anyone this morning and would rather see conversation about the new information continue.