GM's need to get their patches straight

#0 - Oct. 30, 2006, 3:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As of Friday we already had GM's giving conflicting stories and finally got told that their would be no patch until just before BC to help those who don't buy BC to still play,

the links covered in this post summed it all up http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=39414630&sid=1

now on Sunday Drysc replies with this http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=41975557&sid=1

Now I hope you GM's understand why no one believes what you say/post in the forums anymore.
conflicting stories like this is very hard to plan what to do next, especially the PvP community.

So myself just like the whole WoW community would like a straight answer, and if it is true a post giving a projected release date with expected changes would be nice
#7 - Oct. 30, 2006, 9:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I want to alleviate this confusion once and for all. Below, I've done my best to address every character of every word in your post:

• We plan to release a content patch before the end of the year.
  • This patch will include the new Honor system and talents, among other things (additional details to come).
  • This patch will likely not be tagged as 1.13, however, we've not yet revealed a version # or patch name. Please be patient, as these details will also be available soon.
  • This patch was originally slated to release just before the game launched, however, due to the delay a larger gap exists between the two.
  • We are not Game Masters.
  • Those who wish to will always find fault with our messaging, despite the message itself. That is why some, rather than the no one you proclaim will often dismiss our credibility. Most players aren't out to get us, or anyone else. At least that's what I hang on to everyday...
  • We do not provide release dates for patch content, as it's disappointing to many when unforeseen problems prevent us from delivering. Again, we do plan to release sometime before the year ends.
#70 - Oct. 31, 2006, 2:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Wasn't the CM rhetoric from last week stating that there was no delay since only retailers announced 2006 "release dates"? All this doublespeak has my head swimming.

I'm not sure which message you refer to specifically.

I will say that we were optimistic that the Burning Crusade would release before the end of the year, and had been promoting such since as early as E3. To my knowledge, we never stated that releasing before the end of the year was a sure thing, however, it was heavily implied and we did feel confident that it would be delivered before or during the holiday season.

Hence the media alert that released last week.

So, the expansion was delayed in the sense that we'd been pushing for it to release this year, and had been communicating our goal to the public through numerous communication mediums. It was not delayed in the sense that we had failed to reach our promised due date, as that was never given. Retailers who set dates for our unreleased software, before we've officially provided a specific, do so on their own accord.
#76 - Oct. 31, 2006, 3:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You should have just made that your sig, I know I would get tired of repeating it every day for the past month or so!

I don't know, for some reason -- I don't care for signatures. They remind me too much of bumper stickers I suppose...
#82 - Oct. 31, 2006, 4:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

It was?

I lol'd