What's the point in asking for marks ?

#0 - Dec. 6, 2006, 9:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I didn't have much time to play today, i've only done 1 AB trying to get as many HKs as possible. We won in 25 minutes and i got 142 honor.. Let's say 150.

The rank 14 bow costs 40 AB marks and 22500 honor, this means that in order to get it i need to win an average of 150 ABs (22500 / 150), and that would be 450 marks!

And, it takes 2 days and 12 hours /played to get that kind of honor (assuming that you win every AB in 25 minutes) so if you don't wanna get insane you'll do at least 20 AVs and WSGs in the meantime, that will give you an average of 40 marks.. So what's the point
#2 - Dec. 6, 2006, 9:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The high end items still require a good amount of time investment, the implication that there would be epics given away for a minimal investment was never implied. What was implied, or plain shouted out, was that the time you spend won't be degraded over time or from competing with others for time. Those two things in themselves make the time and effort invested that much easier, more relaxing, and more easily attained at any pace you choose.

You still need to put in some effort and time to get the items though, it's just much easier to do so now in the way you go about doing it.
#3 - Dec. 6, 2006, 9:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Wait, maybe I totally misunderstood your point...

What?
#35 - Dec. 6, 2006, 10:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Ah, I see the point being made, sorry, it's been kind of a long day.

There are rewards that only require marks of honor that may be able to eat up some of your surplus. It's a good point/question though otherwise as far as alternate uses. I'll ask around a bit and see if it jives with anyone.