At the risk of Being Banned...WHY Dont Blues?

#0 - May 9, 2008, 4:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Simply answer a Question.

Is Blizzard nerfing the game, by lowering it to the Lowest Casual Denominator?

It wasnt enough that you brought in Arena's which appelaed to the FPS types, you know want to suck out the challenge that this game once had?

If a Blue actually answers this i would be shocked, im guessing thier busy posting Haiku somewhere

#25 - May 9, 2008, 5:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Simply answer a Question.

Is Blizzard nerfing the game, by lowering it to the Lowest Casual Denominator?

It wasnt enough that you brought in Arena's which appelaed to the FPS types, you know want to suck out the challenge that this game once had?

If a Blue actually answers this i would be shocked, im guessing thier busy posting Haiku somewhere

I think you will find your answers in various different interviews that were done by the media and fansites.

MMO Gamer has a good article with an interview with Lead Designer Jeff Kaplan here- http://www.mmogamer.com/05/09/2008/behind-the-blue-curtain-discussing-wrath-of-the-lich-king-with-jeffrey-tigole-kaplan

Here's one snippet of a part of an answer to a question:

Q u o t e:
The goal with the 10 and 25 thing is not that we want to have sort of easy-mode, and that’s 10, and hard-mode and that’s 25, we do want to have two separate, clear progressions, and even within those we want to have easy 10 and 25 raids, medium 10 and 25, and hard 10 and 25. We want to have progression through those.

I know right now everyone is being inundated with the latest news, ideas and thougts both on the web and from other players on these forums, but it's important for us to make sure everyone gets a chance to read around at the various interviews and informational pieces to get the full picture before reacting.