So umm...when are shaman gonna get some love?

#0 - May 9, 2008, 5:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
its known to nearly everyone that shaman are in need of some buffs and changes . when can we expect some love from the devs?
#8 - May 9, 2008, 6:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
its known to nearly everyone that shaman are in need of some buffs and changes . when can we expect some love from the devs?

We'll be revealing specific class information in all due time. The love will be spread around, tested, and adjusted as needed. We're just not ready to reveal this information as of yet.
#16 - May 9, 2008, 6:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

i really dont think anyone has any faith in you saying it will be fine trust us after the last set of changes you have been pushing as yes its fine shut up and play.

Please watch the language in posts (even when it's masked). I'm not saying "have faith". I'm saying more information will get shared at a future point in time. I'm sure that given history, everyone with either have something they love, hate, or want nerfed on some other class. That is the nature of it all. What I can assure everyone of is that we will be watching for constructive feedback during testing as well as watching real in game results for any further adjustments that need to be made.

It's just far too soon for doom and gloom when we aren't ready to share the finer specifics of the plans for classes at this time. Once you have all of the information at your disposal, how you feel about it is completely up to you. We have no delusions that we can make everyone happy, but that isn't going to stop us from giving it a go.
#34 - May 9, 2008, 6:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

What I don't get is why you still fail to talk about what HAS transpired.

I had high hopes that when you brought out information, one of the things on your list would be Shaman, largely because you lead us to believe that we were, in some small fashon, a priority of yours.

Now info is out- 100% is about a game that is 6-8 months away realistically. Are you under some sort of restraint from talking about THINGS IN THE PAST?

Signed

Confused in a state of Confusion.

This is just the start of information. As we've said, we will post when we are ready to post and have something we are able to post. All classes are a priority as we move forward and constructive feedback continues to be a welcome addition to the forums since we are still reading and taking it all in. What we are looking forward to is when we do reveal more of our plans for continued constructive feedback. While you may not know what exactly we have on the table at this point in time, we will be sharing it with you and removing the veil so that you too can get a chance to see it when the time is right.

Classes continue to be a hot topic and one of the more intricate aspects of the game. It's going to take ongoing careful consideration in order to get it "right". I would give you reassurances, but those only lead to more questions and I don't want to leave out breadcrumbs. I'd rather wait with the rest of the team, work on getting information ready when it's time, and then work on a reveal with everyone else that we can feel is as complete as possible.

This isn't easy despite what some may feel. Even the information that is being discussed is in the process of being digested by a lot of people and has spawned a lot of questions. We'll be doing what we can to answer as many of those questions as we can, but some will need to wait a bit longer.

While I could have hinted at the information to be released, it wasn't my place to do so.
#64 - May 9, 2008, 7:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Meat, not bones.

Some things are not within my realm of control. You may think what you wish of me, but I'm going to keep doing what I can (as will the rest of the team) to keep gathering information, constructive feedback, asking questions, and when the time is right and we are able, sharing the information we can.

Bones are the foundation and are still very important or you end up as a puddle of ooze.
#69 - May 9, 2008, 7:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I've seen those oozes wandering around, and they all seem to have at least a skull and a couple of other bones in them.

Yes, but they're so unnatural!
#78 - May 9, 2008, 7:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Not shooting you.

But for the love of God, this time when you provide information, either answer questions and return with information you have learned or do not say you will.

I will learn to play this class the way you intend us to be played (yes, you have a plan, even if you don't want to share it with us). But there is absolutely nothing more frustrating than putting your trust in someone who says they will do something and then not only not having them do it, but having them never acknowledge they said it in the first place.

A simple "I cannot bring back the information I was looking at for you. They have asked me not to discuss it" would suffice to many of us.

I had thought I have said this before, but in case I haven't. Until I have permission and approved information to share, I (nor any member of the team) are unable to share more. At this time, we're just not ready.

I do get concerned though that when we say things like this, that many people take that to mean we are ignoring ongoing conversation, which isn't true.

Q u o t e:
I got my reading in, now it's time to focus on the next spurt of information. Yes, I know, we are fickle beings :)

Next time chew and swallow your information more slowly! Don't gulp it down.