Packrat-itis - how to fight it?

#0 - May 21, 2008, 10:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It turns out that much of the bank space I'm using is stuff I probably don't need. But I find it difficult to get rid of it, and in some cases to even organize it.

How do you all manage your bank? Especially runecloth, which I have 0 need for, and people on my server have little need for (compared to leather, anyway), and yet I have a lot of in case I decide I want to do cloth turn-ins, or ever take my tailoring alt to a level where she can use it. I just can't convince myself to dump it.

(Note: packrat-itis is different than Rat Pack-itis, which would be creating a bunch of lounge-singer characters, who hang together in Vegas.)
#14 - May 21, 2008, 10:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I consider it like pulling off a band-aid really fast. Sometimes you just have to take a breath and just sell or destroy something before you change your mind.

I have this same problem. I tend to hang on to things I don't need just in case I need it later. For some other items they have "sentimental" meaning attached to them. "Oh, look, my first purple." I try to let those things go when I can.

Consider it spring cleaning and just get it over with. You'll be happier you have more room to stash new shineys in. ;)
#19 - May 21, 2008, 10:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Ripping off a band-aid has an increased chance of reopening the wound, especially if it's stuck to your skin.

Just sayins'

It's usually good to peel back one side carefully just to make sure... But we're not talking about a real band-aid here... You know that, right? ;p