New orc shoulders are so cute!

#0 - July 10, 2007, 6:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I know that's why you guys rolled orcs, grats!
#6 - July 11, 2007, 4:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Don't get too used to them the way they are now. Oh sure, you'll kick the Orcs while you can. You'll toss jibes at them. In the end though, they'll have their big gnome crushing shoulder pads and they'll come gunning for you with a little payback in mind for the things you said to them. Vengeful Orcs are very dangerous.

Translation: This is just a bug that is being corrected in an upcoming patch. The shoulders will not be staying this way.
#25 - July 11, 2007, 4:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This "bug" is a good first step. When are you going to let us turn shoulders OFF completely?
Seriously, a lot of them are just O_o.

We've actually answered this before. Believe it or not, we don't plan on allowing shoulders to be turned off for a reason. We feel that these are defining graphical elements that help set the tone and style of the game. Just like people noticed right away that the Orc graphic had been changed via a bug, people tend to notice the shoulders of the different armor sets and associate them with those sets or the classes that are capable of wearing them. I know there are many objectors that don't like that answer and still want the option to turn them off, but we're not going to be implementing that option.
#44 - July 11, 2007, 5:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

The more important question is ...

When are you going to automatically "turn off" pants when a robe is equipped? You (Blizzard) have created some gorgeous robes ... that show our hideous pants in the side slits of our robes and gowns.

/shudders

What you should be /shuddering about is the possibility that more people would be running around pantsless. Do you REALLY want to see that? You can go to an inn to see that kind of thing. (Or any mailbox) No thank you.
#61 - July 11, 2007, 5:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thank you for that post, Neth. Needless to say, there are a lot of very disappointed players and it's good to see a CM acknowledging this matter. I realise that it’s hard for you to give us an exact date and time this will be fixed. However, is there any chance you could indicate whether this fix will be a hotfix or during the next maintenance, or whether we have to wait for the next content patch?

Thanks

It's slated for an upcoming patch. I don't want to commit to saying 'next' patch because for all I know, another patch could get slipped in between if it's felt necessary. That's the closest I can come to anything for you because as you all have seen, we've had delays occur in putting patches up only to disappoint people who were waiting for them. If you notice as well, we try to not say specific patch numbers when we can. Sometimes a fix can get bumped to a sooner patch, sometimes unforeseen issues can arise and bump it to a later patch.

We can tell you that it's fixed in a patch. We can confirm that it's fixed in a particular patch that goes on the Public Test Realm if there is any question to whether it is in that patch or not. Contrary to popular belief, we like to give solid answers that can be depended on as much as possible. That's not always possible obviously, but we keep doing what we can to inform people of everything that we can.