End the Burning Legion

#0 - May 23, 2008, 9:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Wow has been building up to it. At this point the Burning Legion has become the main antagonist and is represented by all powerful beings. If WOW ends the burning legion threat with the death of Kil'jaden and or Saragras then they would be free to open up the game to new concepts and powers. For example the war could finally take place again the goblins could become a major play as well as the defias.

It just seams that all this cosmic power running around is so far over 9000 that I would love to get some normalcy returned to the high fantasy game. Lose the space powers junk and stick with magic swords and politics.

Hell, Why can't we find more about the King of stormwind? Or Perhaps More info on the old gods/elemental lords/dragon aspects. Theres so much out there already to build off but it's all ignored for the overwhelming power of the burning legion.
#13 - May 23, 2008, 10:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's as if a thousand voices cried out at once and were suddenly silenced....

Keep in mind there are many other story arcs going on and as you know, more of those will be explored in Wrath of the Lich King. There is no small amount of the tales of Azeroth yet to be told and while the Burning Legion is an important part of it, so is what is happening with Arthas and the Scourge, or Malygos and the Blue Dragonflight among other things.

Being that the Burning Legion is a Legion of untold numbers, there could be no telling what might one day stem their interests in Azeroth in the end or what will utterly destroy them (if anything can.)
#16 - May 23, 2008, 10:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You're talking about Hakkar the Houndmaster, while implying Hakkar the Soulflayer.

This makes no sense.

Many people confuse the two. It's easy enough to do. :)
#26 - May 23, 2008, 10:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It must be Friday because when I first read the thread title I pictured Morbosa (the op) standing with a picket sign saying, "End Burning Legion Now!" Or a road sign much like the, "End Construction" signs. Trust me, it's funnier in my head.

There really is a lot more story that is going to be explored within Wrath of the Lich King and beyond... We would like to think we're planning out some interesting ways of getting it to you to experience as well.
#32 - May 23, 2008, 10:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This has been discussed to death, and it's been confirmed that the final boss is Elune wielding a badger which is wielding a sword.

Sadly, there were some contract negotiations that went bad with the badger so we were thinking of a very angry gerbil instead.
#47 - May 23, 2008, 11:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Is it at least ill-tempered? :(

Only when he doesn't get his coffee and pecans.