Date of 2.2 Patch?

#0 - Aug. 24, 2007, 6:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've been wondering, when is this next patch supposed to come out? My background downloader has been stuck at a certain % for like 2 days, and it says I won't be able to play until I download the patch. Would be nice to get an estimation, thanks.
#4 - Aug. 24, 2007, 6:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I've been wondering, when is this next patch supposed to come out? My background downloader has been stuck at a certain % for like 2 days, and it says I won't be able to play until I download the patch. Would be nice to get an estimation, thanks.

No date yet, but it's likely to be a Tuesday. ;)
#25 - Aug. 24, 2007, 6:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

They're still working on the best way to make sure all Orc shoulders are triple in size.

No no no. We've actually moved on to debating on whether Orcs are just overpowered by having shoulders at all. It seems that shoulders give them the ability to not only wield very dangerous weapons, but they are able to lift up their arms to waggle their fingers, thus casting some very dangerous magic. We believe this might be something we need to address.
#27 - Aug. 24, 2007, 6:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Is Blizzard happy with the frequency of patch releases (e.g. one content patch every 3-4 months?) Or is this something you want to greatly improve upon?

This is a double-edged sword. Would we like to release patches faster? Sure. Will we for the sake of releasing them faster? No. We will release them as we feel they are ready to be released.
#30 - Aug. 24, 2007, 6:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

By address you mean orc warriors get aoe deathcoil next patch right?

No, but we were thinking of implementing very ferocious balloon animals for them. They squeak viciously.