Are YOU going to use the voice chat feature?

#0 - Sept. 5, 2007, 7:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm curious what people think about this voice chat feature in general, and if you plan on using it for your guild, raids, pugs, bg's, or whatever else you're doing.

I for one, am pretty happy with a vent server that I can ban idiots from. I pretty much never plan on using VoiP ever, especially in pugs. I'll admit that there have been instance groups / battlegrounds where this feature would have been nice, but it's definitely been a small percentage of them. The idea of listening to a normal battleground raid instead of reading the text kind of nauseates me. Just imagine your typical AB game in speech rather than text (or instance or whatever)

guy1: BS!
randomguy2: Blacksmith is fine you @#$%ing nub, come to stables.
guy1: Why the hell would you attack stables you idiot?
Someothergirl: Get on the flag you asses, we're losing blacksmith.
3-4peopleatonce: omfg, are you a real girl? pix
guy1: I told you so douchebag.
someothergirl: Shut up you idiots, get on the flag.
someothergirl: Blacksmith lost.
randomguy2: have fun wiping on attuneman again this week you scrubs
3-4peopleatonce: stfu, get the girl to talk again #$@% blah blah, i can't even understand this cause they all talk at once talking about chuck norris
guy1: My main is in 3/5 T5 and could beat up your dad!

.... I think I'll pass

#43 - Sept. 5, 2007, 9:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'll most likely be using it here and there. I don't see why not. I can always ignore an individual or leave the group if I don't like what's going on. I can easily see using it for Battlegrounds or PUGs as well as using the usual third party programs.