Warlock flying mounts?

#0 - Feb. 8, 2007, 5:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I just want to know why blizzard dident implement an epic mount for warlocks and pally's this time around. not becasue i want a free mount but because iv always like the dreadsteed over any other epic mounts they look cool, most warlocks would probobly agree that we should still pay the 5k for the riding skill and maybe a little extra for a questline to get a dreadragon, or feldragon..and what ever the pally's call their mounts.

...im not trying to complain just wanna know
#17 - Feb. 8, 2007, 6:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I just want to know why blizzard dident implement an epic mount for warlocks and pally's this time around. not becasue i want a free mount but because iv always like the dreadsteed over any other epic mounts they look cool, most warlocks would probobly agree that we should still pay the 5k for the riding skill and maybe a little extra for a questline to get a dreadragon, or feldragon..and what ever the pally's call their mounts.

...im not trying to complain just wanna know

Eh, because we didn't want to. The Warlock and Paladin have their ground mounts, which are definitely still just as viable in Outland as they were in Azeroth for ground travel. Really we wanted to implement a flight form for the Druids which we had intended for the original game but could just never get to work quite right, and this expansion happened to fit 'like a glove' so to speak. There's obviously a perception that is still carrying over somewhat that "these classes will always have mounts", which really isn't the case. When it falls into place, feels right, and we think it would be something cool for a class we may give them a class mount. I think Ric Ocasek probably said it best; "Shake it up".

You would probably look pretty cool on the Fiery Warhorse from Karazhan. It doesn't fly, but I think it drinks the blood of other horses.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/mounts/special/ss22.jpg
#35 - Feb. 8, 2007, 6:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
A stupid vampire horse? Do you think we're all goth kids or something?

Yeah, I do, I think you're all goth kids and so that's why I recommended you get a vampire horse...

Ugh. Each day my faith in humanity is reborn anew, and sure enough each day it's stolen away from me.
#41 - Feb. 8, 2007, 7:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

to be fair with warlock and paladin, make the form 3 sec cast? :p

It could be a 30 second cast for all I care, but we're not negotiating here. :)
#43 - Feb. 8, 2007, 7:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
i can already see the future posts - TSERIC HATEZ GOTHS!?!?

Yeah, I know, that guy's just got it out for those kids.
#58 - Feb. 8, 2007, 7:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
What's this 'faith' in humanity crud? We're communicating with each other over thousands of miles nearly instantly, and some guy's silly goth comment is all it takes?

What can I say, I'm fragile.
#79 - Feb. 8, 2007, 9:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
On this same topic, how did Hunters taming their own mounts never "feel right"? We can mind control our pets but we can't convince an animal to carry us around?

Hey, hey, woah there, never is a pretty strong word. The game isn't over, we're not finished. There's always possibility in the future. Who knows, right?