Will today be the day? (Talents...)

#0 - Sept. 8, 2006, 4:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I guess I'm not expecting a straight answer since the answer is always, "It'll be done when it's done." I can understand that, believe me. I know how development cycles can work sometimes. I understand the need to bring a feature to a semi-finished state first, so that public feedback will be useful... so that's not the issue.

It's been almost two weeks now, though, and six classes have been enjoying their previews and speculating (and offering feedback), while three other classes still don't have their talent previews. If no classes had been given their previews at all, then there wouldn't be an issue... but this 6 / 3 split has caused a lot of frustration and a tiny, tiny bit of resentment, even.

So, should we get our hopes up, or are the talents still far away? No one is really looking for a date or a time, since we know that's not realistic. But is it possible to say, "We're very close," or "We've still got a ways to go"?

*Edited the title- Nethaera
#3 - Sept. 8, 2006, 4:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Outlook not good for today. We are close on the Priests and will be working to get things put together on those and are still working on the Hunter and Druid. I still can't tell you specifically when people will be seeing them however nor can I give any hints.
#17 - Sept. 8, 2006, 4:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Will they all be released at the same time or seperately?

It looks like we'll be releasing as we get "finished" with each one so that we can get them out as quickly as possible but that also means that someone is still going to be last. Sorry.
#45 - Sept. 8, 2006, 4:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth, when the Priest spells and talents are released will the race specific spells for the Blood Elves and Draenei be included as well?

Thanks.

That's a good question and I don't know the answer to that right now. I'll have to ask.

To address the comment about being told to expect something by the end of this week... No, we never gave an ETA. While there were a lot of guesses as to when people would see something the most we have said was that we were working on it and hoped to get things out as soon as possible. Last I checked that did not = "End of next week".

I can also assure you that your claims of the developers as being "Lazy" is maladroitly false. They aren't even close to lazy but I'm sure they appreciate your candor in your assessment of their work ethic.
#72 - Sept. 8, 2006, 4:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Perhaps it is rather vice-versa?

Either way, I would like to know if we have to re-pay for skills granted by talents. Could you deign us with a response on that, Candle? :)

I did in another thread this morning but I'll answer here too. It looks like we will most likely have free-respecs once BC hits due to the changes to additions of new spells and talents as well as the reshuffling of some talent trees. :)
#131 - Sept. 8, 2006, 6 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Favorite Character = Death of course. Followed closely by the Death of Mice, Carrot and Rincewind.

Favorite books in the series- Mort, Soul Music, Small Gods, Men at Arms, Carpe Jugulum and various others.

Please do not shake the magic 8 Neth too hard in the future. I bruise.
#142 - Sept. 8, 2006, 6:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Ah yes, the Death of Rats, and his faithful mount Quoth the raven.

Oh! I almost forgot Rincewind's Luggage, I just wish I could get my hands on some sapient pearwood. I would never have to worry about my luggage being abused by baggage handlers again!

Everytime I hear of Shaman asking for moveable totems I picture them with little legs like the luggage.