WoTLK out January 18, 2008...

#0 - Dec. 4, 2007, 3:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
...so says amazon.co.uk. Is this true? I remember reading predictions for its release being late 2008, mid being the earliest.
#15 - Dec. 4, 2007, 3:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
...so says amazon.co.uk. Is this true? I remember reading predictions for its release being late 2008, mid being the earliest.

There are no official dates until we announce one. All other dates are there because retailers are required to have one if they presell an item.
#23 - Dec. 4, 2007, 3:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Look at the name of the OP.
CONSPIRACY THEORY?!

Look up my name on the Armory. None of the ones you see there are me. I wonder how those clones are doing though. ;)
#30 - Dec. 4, 2007, 3:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Waaaait a second. How do we know you aren't a clone, and the real you isn't someone else?!

AAAAAUGH!
/flee

It's too early to wrap my head around that and I have no caffeine.
#56 - Dec. 4, 2007, 4:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I work for an online reseller and I'm getting a kick out of your replies.

But seriously, Amazon's system probably needs a date, so they pulled one out of their butts.

We've had others explain how it works to people before when we were waiting for the Burning Crusade as well. It doesn't hurt to have people explain it again so that there aren't any misunderstandings.

As to the person that said we had already said no beta, that isn't true. We haven't said there won't be a beta. We just have said that there isn't one as of right now. Please don't get taken in by the scams that are going around. We want you to keep your account safe.