Lore Characters

#0 - April 29, 2008, 10:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm going to be making a slew of new chars soon, and I'd like to know: For each class, what is their lore race supposed to be? Like for shaman, I know their lore race is most likely orc. But what about others such as hunters, mages, or warlocks?
#8 - April 29, 2008, 10:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm going to be making a slew of new chars soon, and I'd like to know: For each class, what is their lore race supposed to be? Like for shaman, I know their lore race is most likely orc. But what about others such as hunters, mages, or warlocks?

There is a lot of lore in the game and in the books that might help you with this. Many members of the Kirin Tor are Human, but they have members of other races obviously from Gnomes to Elves (High elf). Also currently, it's to be expected that the Blood Elves have an obvious affinity for all things magic.

Warlocks, have their history steeped in many racial cultures as well. Some embraced it as a means of defense despite how distasteful they find the practice. Even the Orcs aren't embracing it openly like they once did given the history that goes along with it and their prior servitude to the Burning Legion.

I'm sure you can find plenty of interesting tidbits to go with the various races and their connections to the classes. It's harder to nail down any one race as being "THE" definitive owner of a certain class type since other races have adapted or adopted the practices for their own use and made it a part of their culture where possible.
#40 - April 29, 2008, 11:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

But you're missing hte point I'm trying to make here.

What I'm saying is you cannot completley rule Blood elves out of being lore warlocks. Blood elves thirst for power, even if it was meant to drain other things from it. They do anything for power, sound familiar? Warlock? And i never said that only blood elves should be classified as warlocks- Orcs also perfectly can too, I know all about Gul'dan and nerzhul. Never did i mean to say anything that involves fel, means it is a warlock. But when you are completly indulged with fel and demonic energy, controlling demons, and even going as far as to serve the Demon gods(Kil'jaeden, Illidan) then I'm afraid I'm going to have to call you a warlock.

They are a bit more open about their use of the demonic powers than others are as well. It's easy enough to find their trainers (much like it's easy to find the undead trainers), and meanwhile, the orcs hide theirs away in a nice dark corner in contrast.
#47 - April 30, 2008, 12:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Well thats simply because thrall went all noble if Grom hellscream was the Orcs leader such would not be that way. And The Shattered hand/burning blade/The shadow council the Key dark organizations even in WoW what race is the majority oh ya um orcs with the exception of some trolls/undead rogues.

However being an alliance your not exposed to any of that content really. Roll a horde see for yourself :)
Also even though thrall pretends to hide and dislike such things he knows and allows them to stay even if there anti ogrimmar and in the shadow council.

Well sure he does. He may not like it, but he also realizes to understand the enemy and ultimately defeat them, you must also have some of their power by which to use against them. He'd much rather the orcs embrace Shamanism though as a more "pure" fount of power.