Shorten Karazhan Reset time

#0 - May 13, 2008, 4:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
After 2.4 many pvp guilds like my own starting moving into PvE, and to be honest we kinda of like it.
But we are having a huge problem, other than kara there is no content for pve beginners. We cannot move on to 25 man (mag/gruuls) yet because most of our pvp-ers (mainly tanks and healers) have no pve gear, and need atleast the kara gear to move on.

With kara on a 1 week reset timer, meaning we can only run it once a week, and ofcourse never certain drops. Its close to impossible for us to gear up our tanks, healers and close to 20 dps-ers off of 1 kara run per week. Zul'Aman is out of the question because if our tanks don't atleast have kara gear we stand no chance in the place.

I am asking that karazhan reset timer be on a three day CD, similar to ZA. If this means that badge gear will come to quickly, then nerf the amount of badges dropped in kara.

I am sure that there are many other guilds out there in our position. Between karazhan runs, there is nothing for us to do pve wise, as a guild. Its boring. And we are really really hoping to move on to some 25 man and see some content before WotLK comes out.
#14 - May 13, 2008, 4:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We currently have no plans to reduce the reset timer for Karazhan. If you need more gear and/or Badges of Justice, there are a number of heroic dungeons to roll through.
#44 - May 13, 2008, 5:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
it would seem blizz does the exact opposite of what the majority of the players want. everytime i see people saying they want x they get y. so spending the time complaining about something and asking for something is pretty useless, cause your only gonna get something you didnt want. blizz is epic fail in this reasoning. cause its not what the customer wants its just about the money

If we had a poll asking how many people want all items (blue and purple) in the game to be purchasable for 10 gold each, I'm sure a LOT of people would say 'yes' - is that best for the game as a whole though? Probably not and we have to keep that kind of thing in mind for almost all the changes we make.
#58 - May 13, 2008, 5:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Bornakk, may I ask you if dev ever considered changing the way you get saved to kara? Kara is a pug instances and it frequently happen that people join a group w/o knowing it was saved at like shade or opera or what ever and get saved because once they enter the instance the group disband. It'd be great if let's say Joe who is saved at moroes could join his friend in his opera saved kara. I would really like an answer thanks.

I understand what you are saying, but if you are running into issues regularly in this regard it sounds like it can be resolved by trying to get a more consistent group of people to run with. Currently we have no changes planned for the way a character is saved to a dungeon.