Sore loser?...whatever.

#0 - June 9, 2008, 9:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm a bad sport.....I'll admit it.

Here's the scenario:
My partner and I are doing our weekly 10 arena matches. We win the first 7 games, only to get floorstomped in the last 3 by an overgeared, reroll team. Win some, lose some right? Okay, i'm used to being facerolled by full vengeful teams that shouldn't even be playing in the 1600 bracket, to begin with. I accept that.
But what really irritated me was that the team leader whispers me, when we're done to say "good game" and "it was fun"....Is this guy serious?

Here's the question:
Someone owns you, (not just in wow arena, but in anything) and then holds out his hand for you to shake...do you shake it?

I would have been less angry, had he mocked or emote spammed me...but, What, did he expect me to congratulate him on gearing better than me? No. At the time i was wishing nothing but ill on all rogues, and priests. I /spit on him and flew away. He then sent me a few more tells, calling me a few choice names.
...Jerk....petty....sore loser....whatever.
Maybe that's all true, but I hate losing..especially in a complete BS manner.

#77 - June 9, 2008, 8:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I believe in not letting the enemy know they've gotten a rise out of you in PvP. You don't have to be friends with them or tell them how great they did on a match if you don't want to, but letting them know they've rattled you at all, just gives them more power for the next go round.

#121 - June 9, 2008, 8:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Perhaps, but am i supposed to play along, and say "sure, good game"

You don't need to respond if you don't want to, it's completely up to you. I personally, will go along even if I'm angry or rattled or just move on to the next match. I'm competitive and absolutely get angry, but it's not something I care to share with my opponent. ;) It just gives them ammunition they can try to use against me later.

I understand your frustration though.