A Light in Dark Places quest

#0 - June 20, 2008, 4:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have this quest in my quest log from last year but it is not completed. Does anyone know if the bonfires are going to be in dire maul, blackrock spire, strathome, and scholo?
#2 - June 20, 2008, 6:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
A Light in Dark Places will be able to be turned in if it is currently completed in your quest log. For you, my friend, I'm afraid you'll be unable to complete the quest, as the inhabitants of Stratholme, Scholomance, Blackrock Spire, and Dire Maul have snuffed out their flames this year.
#15 - June 20, 2008, 6:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You seem to be under the impression that we removed the ability to get the Spirit of Summer from the game, which isn't true, Forumalt. ;)

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/events/midsummer/

If you check the rewards, you'll see that the Captured Flame is available through other means.
#19 - June 20, 2008, 6:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I don't see it on the list of rewards you can buy with Burning Blossoms, but is the [Crown of the Fire Festival] still available to players if you snuff out all of the opposing factions capital city fires?

Indeed it is.
#23 - June 20, 2008, 7:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Tch, Jacobim, that's not for a long time yet.

I wouldn't keep that one in your quest log, were I you. There have been some changes.

But now, back to Midsummer talk!
#26 - June 20, 2008, 7:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Jacobim, you're referring to the Honor/Extinguish the Flame part of the holiday? It's sort of like that, yes, in that it encourages you to travel the world and you only get the reward from the location once per year.

They're big bonfires, though, not braziers. ;)
#30 - June 20, 2008, 7:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Do we get Burning Blossoms from every fire we find?

From the Midsummer page I linked earlier:

Q u o t e:
You receive five Burning Blossoms for each same-faction fire you honor and ten for each opposing-faction fire you desecrate, and there are about 30 of each. Each individual fire can only be interacted with once per year. If you find them all, you can collect over 300 Burning Blossoms - which comes in handy if you wish to buy the big prizes.

It should be an interesting time. :D