I know Blues hate this question...

#0 - Nov. 8, 2006, 5:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
But is there any way we could get the slightest indication as to how long we have before the patch? I need to know how long I have to get my WSG pants!
#13 - Nov. 8, 2006, 6:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I agree with you. I don't share your predicament, being less of a battleground player than you. But the fact is, no matter how much you might want to know, they can't tell you until they do. It's not like they're just giggling to themselves, saying "nah, i don't think he wants it bad enough," you know? That sort of thing is a marketing announcement, and those are timed in accordance with, not the CMs whims, but the company's decisions. It's not their call to make.

Wait, wait, wait...are you calling me a puppet?

/shakes fist

For the OP: Any esitmation we provide would be completely arbitrary. It would have no real bearing on when the patch will actually come out, because we really don't know when the patch is coming out.

If we were to say "Oh, it will come in a few weeks" and it took over a month to release, we take it on the chin.

If we were to say "Oh, it'll be over a month" and it took a few weeks to release, we take it on the chin.

There are simply too many variables to commit to anything like that. It would only engender mistrust and argument for no good purpose.

edit - You took out the Kermit comments? YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM ME, PALE!!! ;)
#17 - Nov. 8, 2006, 6:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
well now at least you know it's somewhere between a few weeks and a month. i guess.

Not really. However, a certain measure of logical thought with the facts available should find you a window of probable release.

Q u o t e:
so tseric, when are new servers coming?

Now that you asked, never. ;)