ZA Is a failure.

#0 - June 16, 2008, 7:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blizzard said; "ZA was made to bridge the gap between kara and 25 mans"

But yet, to even progress past halazzi, you need SSC/TK gear, which someone in kara OBVIOUSLY wont have

My guild has been 3/6 in ZA for over a month now, and weve been clearing kara, gruul and mag, 2/6 SSC 1/4 TK for a LONG time before that, and we cant get past ZA because, bingo! Blizzard overpowerd the instance!

Something needs to be done, or this instance will turn to rot like magtheridon and other raids where the risk != the reward.

note: this is not my main. see signature.
#210 - June 16, 2008, 10:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Zul'Aman does have a fairly steep curve in difficulty, but having only two 10-person dungeons makes it so having a challenge like this in clearing it makes sense. This can also be seen as an example of why having separate progression paths for 10 and 25 person dungeons in Wrath of the Lich King will likely work out better.

This dungeon can also be a pretty clear example of how Badge of Justice gear that you gather from running Karazhan and Zul'Aman can help get a group prepared to take things on.
#228 - June 16, 2008, 11:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Where, exactly, have they said that? I would love to see some blue quotes for this.

When Zul'Aman was released the "bear runs" were designed for players in high-end gear and at the time even they had issues completing it consistently if at all. Keep in mind that the game evolves over time and the players along with it and as they learn the strategies, what to kill, what the best order for things is, it all becomes easier.
#234 - June 16, 2008, 11:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

My biggest gripe with it is that the group dynamic changes a bit. We do Kara with 2 healers and one tank. We have a druid go bear or one of our DPS warriors for off tank duties such as Moroes. But other than that no other boss really needs a super geared off tank.

Come to ZA and everyhting after the eagle boss requires 2 decked out tanks. We are now forced to level up and gear out an off tank.

When I have been in groups that are learning Karazhan we have often had a decently geared off tank around ready to pick things up or dps as needed. Now that a lot of people have the place memorized this isn't always needed, but going into something that's on farm status can be very different from going into a place you are trying to progress on.
#237 - June 16, 2008, 11:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Hey Bornakk, can you confirm/deny or at least have a blizzard poster say something about the Tauren image problem with saberlash :) pl0x, it would be nice for those going in there with a Tauren warrior (cough* like me) and wonder why they get owned so quickly

I have run it many times with a Tauren tanking and not seen a problem with saberlash off either boss.
#358 - June 17, 2008, 4:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

And this is what screws it up Bornakk, imho. Why couldn't your development team JUST develop an actual 10-man progression raid? Did you really have to try to placate the larger guild raids as well? Was SIX 25 man raids (compared to the one 10-man) at the time not enough? I'm still baffled by the overzealous desire of the devs to create content for what is clearly *not* the majority of the playing population.

By "balancing" it for both T4 and T6 players, you've made it overly frustrating for the prior. Half of the gear is in chests. If they would have just made it very difficult (even moreso than it is now!), without the inane timers, it would be fine. One week lockout just like Kara.

Badges? Hardy har. None from bear chest, we MIGHT get 3 badges in 3 hours of tries. Or we could get I dunno.. 5 to 7 in 1.5 hours in a heroic. Why are the badges backloaded? We were surprised and sad when we first got chest 1, and found an epic no one can use, and no badge.

You already cater enough to the larger raiding guilds. I wish that stupid bear mount had never been put in the instance. It's the ONLY reason for the timer.

We wanted the dungeon to provide a challenge for a wide range of players. Just because it is a 10 person dungeon doesn't mean everything will be easy to complete for everybody.

In the end you know our plans for raiding in Wrath of the Lich which should work out well for many people.