Has a blizz employee ever played a caster?

#0 - July 9, 2008, 12:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Have any of you devs ever played a caster against your sub rogues right now 1 on 1? Why are melee unkitable when our nukes take 2.5 seconds to cast? I'm getting very very sick of world of meleecraft and are about to go to a different game soon. Hell, even playing some 1 player games again would be better than paying money for this garbage.

Whos bright idea was it at blizzard HQ to give rogues 100% killing power against all caster classes?
#27 - July 9, 2008, 5:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Have any of you devs ever played a caster against your sub rogues right now 1 on 1? Why are melee unkitable when our nukes take 2.5 seconds to cast? I'm getting very very sick of world of meleecraft and are about to go to a different game soon. Hell, even playing some 1 player games again would be better than paying money for this garbage.

Whos bright idea was at blizzard HQ to give rogues 100% killing power against all caster classes?

This company has a rather diverse make-up of passionate gamers. As such we have quite a good representation for about every class and talent specialization employed here.

I have seen it suggested that our personal desires in the game outweigh our professional goals of making the most fun and well-balanced game possible. This couldn't be further from the truth, from the top of the company down.
#33 - July 9, 2008, 5:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Edit: What about horde v alliance ratio?

I'd say the same. I don't have anything close to concrete numbers, but I'd say I roughly talk with just as many employees representative of the Horde as I do Alliance... if not both.
#39 - July 9, 2008, 5:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So then what explains the absurd level of overpowered-ness that rogues are currently enjoying?

I'd say it boils down to a few balancing concerns with the current state of classes mixed with the ever-evolving public perception of said balance.
#76 - July 9, 2008, 5:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Well, those "personal desires" got through somewhere, and I bet he played a rogue.

If you're suggesting it's impossible to absolutely step out of one's own perception of game play when designing content, you have a point. Wagering a bet though that a perceived imbalance in the game must directly correlate with one's intentions to bend game balance to one's advantage is baseless. There really isn't a reason to risk such a wager.

Q u o t e:

That is a wonderful nonanswer.

My response was, by definition, an answer. Your expectations wouldn't change language I'm sure. :)
#102 - July 9, 2008, 6:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

*about* every class, you can say it, go ahead, you don't play hunters so (Q*#&$ them right?

you cant actually tell me the representation of them in high end arena and constant hidden nerfs, and broken promises suggest any different

Blizzard employees play various talent specializations of the following classes (alphabetized so as to avoid listing implied preferences):

Druids
Hunters
Mages
Paladins
Priests
Rogues
Shamans
Warlocks
Warriors
#110 - July 9, 2008, 6:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Having your janitors play Mage, so you can say that doesn't count.

I've read a lot of similar comments tonight. I think the world would still be here had you not posted.

Q u o t e:
Must be nice being paid to lie to the customers.

There's not much sense in reading the rest of your post when you start this way. It's not reasonable that you just say things without proof out of frustration and then expect us to be perceptive to your concerns.
#293 - July 9, 2008, 4:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You are also aware that Tom Chilton, known as Furor from Everquest, led server crashing protests when a hybrid tanking class was buffed? He played a Warrior then too.

Your information is incorrect. Tom Chilton was not Furor from Everquest nor was he engaged in any such activities. He, like other employees, play other character classes as well, but as evidenced by your own post, revealing such information tends to result in people claiming that there is an unfairness in balance due to their class choices.

I would ask that people please refrain from further personal attacks toward Blizzard Employees or each other. At this point, it's hard to believe this thread has much additional constructive worth.
#301 - July 9, 2008, 4:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Key words highlighted.

Play other classes as well, but probably not as mains.

I think you would be surprised. I'm sure you have known many people that have had many mains during their WoW lifetime. We're no different.
#305 - July 9, 2008, 4:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Multiple mains at high level content?

Why not? Other players have done so. We don't live in a vacuum here and we enjoy playing like others do. There will always be someone deemed "more hardcore than thou", but as Zarhym has said, we are a company of gamers. We are all empowered to share our experiences and thoughts with each other the same as we encourage all of you to share them with us.
#331 - July 9, 2008, 5:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Still waiting on link.. They can blur the names if they want.

Sorry, but for obvious reasons, we tend to try to keep our character information private. While you might be convinced of PvP prowess evidenced in the Arena based on employee ratings, someone else would see it as an imbalance, overpowerdness, or any other thing they wish to twist it to mean. We (Blizzard) play all aspects of the game and are involved all the way from hard-core to casual throughout the company.