WotLK Release: Taking the Week Off

#0 - July 7, 2008, 5:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm considering taking the week off from work for the WotLK release, but I'm curious how stable to servers are after an expansion release. I took a break from the game during the period where BC was released, so I have no idea how the release went.

Are servers up and running well on expansion release day? Was it common at all for people to run into issues preventing them from playing? Are zones too overloaded to really enjoy the new stuff?

My goal is basically to get the game the second the stores open, get home, load it up, and power through to 80 during my week off.
#5 - July 7, 2008, 6:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm considering taking the week off from work for the WotLK release, but I'm curious how stable to servers are after an expansion release. I took a break from the game during the period where BC was released, so I have no idea how the release went.

Are servers up and running well on expansion release day? Was it common at all for people to run into issues preventing them from playing? Are zones too overloaded to really enjoy the new stuff?

My goal is basically to get the game the second the stores open, get home, load it up, and power through to 80 during my week off.

I won't be taking the week off. For some strange reason, it's always a busy week at work around the same time as a release. ;)
#17 - July 7, 2008, 6:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I won't be taking the week off. For some strange reason, it's always a busy week at work around the same time as a release. ;)

This is crazy talk.

Will you cover my shifts that week?