Turn the Music On

#0 - June 15, 2007, 4:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This morning, I spent some time just listening to the soundtrack for the Burning Crusade. Each song easily transported me either to a place in the game or a moment in memory that I enjoyed. For me though, this may be unique given that many people turn the music off in game and don't have those associations of music with a zone or an encounter.

We see many threads asking what you PvP to or what music you listen to, but I thought I'd ask how many actually have their music on or have heard enough that they can put the music with the zone or an experience versus those that automatically turned it off and never turned it back on.

For me, it's what enhances the incredible scenery and gives me a chance to slow down and just soak it all in.

If you turned it off, you may just want to turn it back on. It may surprise you.
#33 - June 15, 2007, 4:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
It always depends on wich zone or what I'm doing , usually in raid and instances I tend to let the game music on as it help me focus on healing. As for pvp and grinding ( alright I'm not grinding that often >< ) I usually listen to my own music as I'm tired of the same old music in the Battleground :P

Don't you get tired sometime of hearing the old same music over and over in a loop for a complete day Neth ?

Oh, I can understand having some variety. There's no problem there. I just find that I enjoy rediscovering it and enjoy listening to it for the enjoyment of it. I keep finding things that the music reminds me of as far as other artists I've enjoyed in the past ,or bits of world music, or classical influences. It has a complexity to a lot of the pieces that may get ignored by many.
#41 - June 15, 2007, 4:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

There was a thread (can't find it now) about the song that an NPC in the Undercity sings after a quest thats amazing.

Anyone know the one I mean?

That's the "Lament of the Highborne". I have it on the soundtrack, but I think experiencing it in game is epic even at level 19 or 20.
#132 - June 15, 2007, 5:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm not being particularly tolerant of people trolling in this thread this morning. There's a topic of discussion in play and if it's not one you care about, please feel free not to participate. If you wish to send feedback voicing your disapproval of how I am interacting with the community (or any CM) or have feedback on moderation, posting threads about it is not the way to do so. Please email to wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com.
#135 - June 15, 2007, 5:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I would Listen to the music in karazhan but there is none :-( *sad panda*

This place would be great for a dynamic soundtrack.
Different areas = different types of music.

Neth can you fill us in if the devs are working on that or just going to let it fall by the wayside?

It's a good question and I'll have to find out. I know that we have a lot of things being worked on for many projects, so it could very well be that there just wasn't enough time to get to it and may be gotten to later.