Rumored Official Priest Discipline Changes

#0 - March 20, 2007, 4:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
In 2.0.12 we will be tentatively testing 'Monk Form'. Monk Form drastically changes the priest play style, adding a real sense of 'Discipline' to the priest class. Specializing to 41 will allow the priest to focus his energies through either open-handed or staff combat, adding additional dimensions to a real World of Warcraft favorite. This is in line with the archtype, and should provide new means of survivability and offense; focusing this third tree that has seen many changes in the last two years. We hope to see you on the Test Server!

I saw the following on one of the websites I visit; and then saw the information repeated in some of the IRC channels I frequent.

I think it will be great, definitely a reason to level my 60 priest up. I played a Albion Friar in (some other game) and I would LOVE to see Blizzard do this concept justice. One of my friends remarked that it makes perfect sense as 'Monk's are currently in the game as NPC's for the scarlet monastery, so it would make sense that defectors or something might have done it; they wouldn't have the lore difficulties that some of their other ideas have had.

The bottom of the tree would be defense based so other classes could get it; inner fire would stay around, some of the mitigation stuff as well.. Melee specialization stuff would be added in the later tiers, and the better aka 'useful' talents would be moved into the holy tree, since the holy/disc tree have been a bit sloppy.

Looking forward to it, and hoping for an official response on the validity of this; confirmation by multiple sources is nice; but I'd really like to know for sure; I'll start leveling when I get home! Itemization could be solved by just letting the talents rely on "converting" priest stats and being built inherently into the form or something?
#33 - March 20, 2007, 5:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
/fake

Pretty much like any notes you find that we haven't released ourselves. We've already stated previously that we don't have any plans to do large sweeping class changes to anyone. We are continuing to do changes over time to classes as felt necessary.