New technique of the gold spamming

#0 - June 29, 2007, 4:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
THEY NOW make characters and invite you to group... this is annoying, i didnt mind the spam that much seeing i just had to let i sit there and scroll up but now i have to physically click on decline because some chinese farmer names asdfasdfj wants to invite me to group to spam me. this is annoying as hell
#21 - June 29, 2007, 4:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
It's more constructive for the community if you accept group, let them spam you and report them.

This is what I do.
#41 - June 29, 2007, 5:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You don't have a secret CM banning stick for in-game annoyances?

Nope. I am as mortal as anyone else in game. ;)
#45 - June 29, 2007, 5:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Wouldn't allowing blizzard staff the ability to immediatly ban anyone who is obviously a gold spammer be a good thing? Why wouldn't you have this ability?

I am not a GM. That is what they are for, to handle the in-game issues that they are trained to handle. I report things the same as anyone else and then let them do their jobs.
#52 - June 29, 2007, 5:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Does your GM report have a blue tag?

No, we look the same as anyone else. :) We'll continue to work on ways to limit the gold spam most definitely. I don't have any particular information to relay on what might be worked on or was in consideration at this time, but yes, we did change it so you could report people in your group etc.