How long do you give WoW's graphics?

#0 - Feb. 14, 2007, 6:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'd say 2 years before Blizzard would pretty much have to upgrade the graphics engine.

With some of the screens that I have seen of DX10 graphics, it won't be longer than a year before these games are flooding the market and make WoW look pretty bad. We may even see a DX10 game before the end of this year, who knows, I never really keep all that up to date on upcoming games.

I said 2 years, because I believe that is about how long it takes for bleeding edge technology to take over a majority of the market share. So in 2 years, the vast majority of WoW players will have a DX10 card, and will be running DX10 games wondering why Blizzard hasn't updated the look of thier game.

Any news on at least a plan in the future to start to think about maybe changing the graphics Blizzard?
#41 - Feb. 14, 2007, 8:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Real looking people. Real looking environments. Etc etc etc. But in that process of trying to recreate reality they fall short.

Kind of Off-Topic, but who's familiar with the 'Uncanny Valley'? The area where simulation or representation separates sharply from the sense of reality, when it becomes too real.