Just go ahead and RUIN every item blizz GG

Forum Avatar
#0 - Oct. 29, 2006, 7:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
hand of justice was 2% chance to get 1 extra attack.

now in exp it is just a CHANCE to get 1 extra attack. wtf gg.

all the trinket slots, excluding engineer made items, are basically the same, why not try to come up with something a little more oringinal.

YAY FOR VANILLA FLAVORED MMORPGS
#7 - Oct. 29, 2006, 7:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
hand of justice was 2% chance to get 1 extra attack.

now in exp it is just a CHANCE to get 1 extra attack. wtf gg.

Hrm, well if it still has a chance to produce that 1 extra attack then what's the percent of that chance? How do you know it's not actually HIGHER than 2% if the text doesn't specify? I'm not saying you're incorrect to cry nerf, but the information you have doesn't point to the chance being lowered.
#31 - Oct. 29, 2006, 7:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
He is right though. You guys obviously gave it a rating that scales down with level. I had to destroy mine :p.

I will agree that its potency diminishes as player level increases (and just for reference it's 2% at level 60 and goes down from there) but the OP states that the change from a listed percentage to a non-listed is a grave injustice with no information on what it actually means or how well/poorly it could scale. This is a common change for many items and will continue to be to ensure they are used at their appropriate levels.
#55 - Oct. 29, 2006, 8:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Whatever, with the exception of a few posts in this thread I feel dumber for having read any of this. You just don't GET IT. Along with half the players in the game.

I like your game. I just think it has way more potential in the realm of item development. But for whatever reason you continue to churn out gear that basically lets everyone be a exact carbon copy of everyone else.

Then when you do come up with something that is different and a few people start using it to there advantage you NERF it. That's it I'm done posting.

I didn't make the thread, don't blame me. :)

The point to these scaling changes is not to disrupt diversity, it's to ensure that past itemization doesn't factor into future content, and that items are being appropriately upgraded through time. Regardless of this specific item, if at any time players are flocking to previous or lower-level content for an item that provides an advantage over items of their own level, then something has gone wrong. In some cases it isn't so severe and doesn't affect the game as a whole (Hydrocane as an example), however if it were to affect the game and become THE item that you had to go back and get, you could be sure that we would take a long hard look at it.

The game is about progression and character development. We don't want to encourage players to regress their characters to back track over long-past progression to get items they might have even passed over before because the item has a newly found perk in specific situations.

If I and half of the players don't "get it", then I can sleep soundly that the designers and the other half of the players understand what's necessary for healthy character and item progression.
#72 - Oct. 29, 2006, 8:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
EVERYONE plays this game for loot. There is no other reason to play. IF you say you play it to HAVE FUN or to SEE THE CONTENT you are a liar. Unless you have never rolled on any upgrade at all.

If playing the game for fun or to enjoy the content makes me a liar, then I'm a liar. Acquiring upgrades doesn't negate the fact that they provide progression and continue to advance you through the game, a game that SHOULD be providing you with entertainment. I really can't see why you would be playing if you aren't having fun.