Steemwheedle/Bloodsail unaffected in BC

#0 - Nov. 5, 2006, 7:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I enjoy reading your replies to people on Sunday while I watch NFL. Seems like a more laid back time on the forums than during the week.

My question to you is regarding Bloodsail / Steemwheedle in BC.

Is there any addition to the Bloodsail aspect of the game planned for the expansion? And also, are the Sweemwheedle planning on venturing through the portal? Will their hate towards me be a hindurance to me in the Outlands?

I am prepared to give them lots of cloth if I need to, but I know a lot of people are wondering this. If the criminal Steemwheedle organization is goign to do nothing more than try to kill me while I'm in Gadgetzan I am okay with that, but if they are going to terrorize the good people in Outlands as well, I must plan accordingly.

Thank you Drysc.

EDIT: I changed the subject since Drysc (huzzah to ye!) gave me a fantastic answer, figured a few people would want to see this.
#4 - Nov. 5, 2006, 8:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The Goblins in Area 52 have obviously separated themselves from the trade cartels of Azeroth as they don't share any of the same factions. I'm sure you'll be able to run around with your fancy hat and be just fine.

In general, factions from Azeroth aren't going to gain you any influence (positive or negative) in Outland.
#15 - Nov. 5, 2006, 8:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Then what about the Wildhammers?

What about them?
#20 - Nov. 5, 2006, 8:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

There is the Wildhammer Keep in Shadowmoon Valley according to the Outlands map. Will there be a New Wildhammer Rep associated with them, or the one currently in game?

They aren't associated reputations currently, you can stop killing trolls.
#25 - Nov. 5, 2006, 8:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
And if you're adding a NEW wildhammer rep, why do you even HAVe the current one? Its useless right now.

Well you do get a discount, but aside from that there are obviously some reputations that just didn't end up working out how we would have liked them to. There are some we would like to revisit in the future, but for the expansion we are dedicated to applying what we have learned to new reputations and reputation systems.
#41 - Nov. 5, 2006, 11:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I have to say, thats pretty lame Drysc.
So balance is that much more important than story? Sad that games have to be 100% about statistics nowadays.

I don't understand your critique, can you elaborate?
#51 - Nov. 6, 2006, 12:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I hate to call you out as a liar Drysic

Great! Some people really like to, and because you're so apprehensive to claim I'm wrong I'm a bit reluctant to tell you that you've misspelled my name.

The battlemaster you're referring to (I believe) is the horde battlemaster in Shattrath, which is a goblin. Now before I go on I should explain that there are arena battlemasters in many places, including Azeroth, which won't be goblins (the one in Nagrand is an ogre for instance).

That's really not important though as I just tested this and set myself to hated for the entire Steamwheedle Cartel and was able to queue for an arena with no problems (they even wanted to sell me a team charter). I'm not sure what problem you ran in to but I didn't encounter it.

I should note that it's very possible I'm on a more current build than the one available to those in the beta.
#56 - Nov. 6, 2006, 2:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Isn't the current Wildhammer rep only available to Alliance? Where's the horde equivalent?

I'm sure most alliance players would be happy to let you have the Wildhammer rep. :)