Tier 9 Combat Rogue Talent

Forum Avatar
#1 - Aug. 28, 2006, 10:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
lololz.. i just realized...

It cant be dodged anyway HAR

edit : Wait isnt that parry? or is it both?
#23 - Aug. 28, 2006, 11:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I believe you may be confusing dodge with parry. Melee attacks from behind, including backstab, can be dodged. It may seem odd that a target could dodge an attack from behind, but I assue you it is fully intended. The misunderstanding may also stem from old functionality, where attacks from behind could not be dodged. I believe that was changed before or very near to the release of the game. The talent and its text is sound.

To clarify (again?) melee attacks from behind can be dodged by mobs, as well being blocked and parried (resulting in a glancing blow). With the talent's placement in the combat tree it should be obvious that its use is intended in PvE situations.
#58 - Aug. 28, 2006, 11:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've spoken with the ability designers/programmers and there are no immediate indications to them that the Evasion ability has any facing requirements. I have passed it on to our QA department however and they will be investigating any unintended functionality.
#87 - Aug. 29, 2006, 12:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

so when can you fix parry from behind

You can't parry attacks from behind. What you're likely witnessing is the discrepancy between player location on the server versus player location displayed on your client. This becomes more of an issue with player vs player encounters obviously, but can be experienced through almost any fight. This can affect other things such as range and character state.