56k users left in the dust once BC comes out?

#0 - Oct. 31, 2006, 6:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I am a dial up (56k) user because there are no other options available to me. I have just looked at the system requirements for the Burning Crusade and have noticed that it says you must now have a broadband internet connection although, none of the other requirements have changed? I am wondering if it is going to be totally unplayable with 56k and thats the end of WoW for us or if it is still going to be playable but just not recommended. If it is the end of WoW for 56k users, will there be any type of compensation?
#22 - Oct. 31, 2006, 7:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
You can still play the game and we will support you if you contact us for technical help; however connection speed may play a larger role as patch sizes increase and we won't be able to support patch download issues if you are using a 56k connection.

Q u o t e:
So, what is it about 98se that means I can't buy the expansion and enjoy it? The 56k I can certainly understand, but what's the OS have to do with it?

The OS is no longer supported by Microsoft and therefore is not eligible for important updates from the manufacturer that may be necessary to run the game. You will likely be able to continue to play on a Windows 98 machine, but we won't be able to provide technical support in most cases if it is the OS being used.