Uneven BG's (NO FLAMES PLEASE)

#0 - July 10, 2008, 1:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We all know what this is about.

The queue system and players that don't have a reason to care about others on their faction are resulting in battlegrounds starting unevenly by queuing for multiple battlegrounds, and then staying in that BG and ignoring their other queues to run their full 2 minutes, instead of right clicking the BG dropdown menu and leaving queue(Some might not even know how).

On most battlegroups this affects one faction significantly more than the other, I assume because of population imbalance and therefore generally queue times being quite uneven themselves.

We can safely assume that the playerbase will not fix the problem themselves. Let's move on.

Is Blizzard aware of this problem? I'm sure they are, but the real question is whether or not there is going to be a change.

Altering the queue system so that BG's would not start until both sides have full teams could have a negative impact such as players being forced to wait around in the BG starting area for much longer a lot would be comfortable with, and that the current system is the best compromise. However, we have heard that Blizzard is not completely satisfied with the current queue system.

This torments me... What is being discussed? What is being coded? What is being tested? Is it even possible to fix this problem without a worse negative impact?

Perhaps I am impatient but I'm sure you can understand mine and others frustration, and some of the pvpers at Blizzard have surely experienced this as well. I do understand things cannot be revealed prematurely for various reasons. With that in mind, I suppose this post is just another one of thousands to keep the situation on the front page for at least a little while because this is very important to me. I hope to receive more Blizzard responses even though we have had a few already.

If you agree, which I know plenty of you do, help this concern stay alive and on the forefront. Present your ideas and don't let flaming monopolize the discussion. I will say that this isn't just a horde problem. This isn't just an alliance problem. If you think things are fine the way they are, go ahead and explain why. I just hope you're not simply happy because your factions battlegroup gets an advantage at the cost of balance. Remember this is a game, but games can be frustrating when they are not set up fairly.

As far as my personal suggestions to fix this problem... I would say any of these, or even a multiple of these changes would work well and hopefully would not have a bad side-effect:

-Only allow players to queue for one Battleground at a time.

-Once entering a battleground, your other queues are immediately dropped.

-Reduce the grace period.

-Change the hide option to leave queue.

Again, go ahead and post your ideas. Try not to flame, I know it's hard and basically inevitable on these boards but understand it will only hurt the discussion and ultimately the cause.

Thanks for reading!! :) :)
#12 - July 10, 2008, 2:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Your post is very well-written and constructive, Reunion. Thank you for that. :)

We are aware of the queuing inconsistencies players are facing across most battlegroups right now. While I do not have more information to provide here at the moment, I can assure the system as it is stands to evaluation.