Blizzard Fix Wet Pets seeing thru stealth...

#0 - Aug. 23, 2007, 1:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
My 2v2 consists of myself and a rogue. Anytime we go up against teams with a Frost Mage we have this same thing happen over and over. Rogue vanishes, but the pet stays on him the whole time giving away his location while steathed. Has this ever been addressed? This is clearly a flawed mechanic that should be resolved. Any constructive info would be appreciated. A Blue Post would be nice as well (crosses fingers).

Thanks,

AF1
#8 - Aug. 23, 2007, 3:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
My 2v2 consists of myself and a rogue. Anytime we go up against teams with a Frost Mage we have this same thing happen over and over. Rogue vanishes, but the pet stays on him the whole time giving away his location while steathed. Has this ever been addressed? This is clearly a flawed mechanic that should be resolved. Any constructive info would be appreciated. A Blue Post would be nice as well (crosses fingers).

Thanks,

AF1

This is fixed in 2.2. Believe me, I hear about this from the forums and from rogue friends. ;)

Keep in mind, pets being able to still chase after a rogue has vanished was not intended as a part of design. This is correcting something that shouldn't have been possible.
#48 - Aug. 23, 2007, 5:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Funny. I thought it was posted by Tseric that pets had a chance to detect you, and that was the reason they sometimes attacked a stealthed rogue.

I guess different day, different explanation.

Pets do have a chance to detect you. That's not in question in this regard. It's just about how if a rogue gets off Vanish, that pets were still giving chase when it should have cleared the rogue from the pet's targeting.

Could the pet still have a chance to find the rogue after the Vanish? Sure. But then it's into the "chance to detect through stealth" area of things.

I'm pretty sure this was something we had tried to fix in the past or at least had on the radar of needing to be fixed.
#60 - Aug. 23, 2007, 6:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Awesome I can't wait until a cm can get MAGE friends so we can get some looking at.

You assume we don't have friends that play many different classes and that we don't play any ourselves. I've also posted on another mage thread today in General and in the Mage forums in a very good mage discussion thread on talents. Please don't turn this thread into something about mages.

Also as far as Hunters go, we are looking into improvements where we can and continued balancing for all classes. I'm sure you noticed the Raptor change on the PTR. More as far as the concerns on Arena viability is also in consideration. I don't have more for you right now, but we'll bring it up when we do have more.