Why The Rez change

#0 - July 15, 2008, 9:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
why do I have to resummon my succy everytime I die in a bg, just to sac it. shards are allot harder to get in pvp situations, oh, and now when I leave a bg, my imp is out, which means my sac buff is gone, which is an additional shard.

Congrats bliz, you just made shards an issue again.
#31 - July 15, 2008, 10:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
why do I have to resummon my succy everytime I die in a bg, just to sac it. shards are allot harder to get in pvp situations, oh, and now when I leave a bg, my imp is out, which means my sac buff is gone, which is an additional shard.

Congrats bliz, you just made shards an issue again.

You shouldn't have to resummon if you just die. If you sac it, it will not respawn with you at the Spirit Guide. We have this listed as a bug fix in the notes. If it is not working correctly, then please feel free to report the bug again.

From the notes:

o Warlocks: Demonic Sacrifice: This ability will now interact correctly with the Spirit Guide resurrection system in battlegrounds. A sacrificed pet will not be resummoned on death. Warlocks will still be able to resurrect with the pet they last summoned (non-sacrificed pets), even if it has since died.
#44 - July 15, 2008, 10:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

should have kept it a bug.

seems stupid this way.

The system was not properly recording who had what pet out when ressing at the Spirit Guide before. In this case, the correct pet you last had summoned will resurrect with you rather than the incorrect one in which case leads to the caster getting rid of the incorrect pet for the correct one again. In this case, we've fixed the way the system records the pet you have when you die. If the pet dies before you (non sacrificed), it will still be resurrected with you (or should) and if you sacrifice, you are choosing to get rid of that pet. The system sees that and doesn't resummon it.

As always, feedback is welcome, but please keep it constructive.
#85 - July 15, 2008, 10:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Oh. So from Nethaera's post I gathered that if you sacrifice your pet, and you die afterwards, you WILL have to resummon your pet and it WILL cost you another shard to summon it. It is working as intended this way. All you can do now is submit feedback.

I have forwarded on the concerns for now though feel free to continue discussing if you wish. I'd just advise people to refrain from personal attacks or inciting a flame war here.
#112 - July 15, 2008, 10:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Wow, did you just like make this up or something!?!? I have NEVER had an "incorrect" pet summoned when I rez in a BG. EVER. (yes I have a 70 Warlock). In fact I have never even heard of this happening to ANY Warlock.

Seriously, this sounds like something you just made up to justify a completely unnecessary change, this is integral to a specific Warlock build.

Oh and correct me if I'm wrong, but now Warlocks are having their Imps summoned when they leave a BG, if they currently have a sac pet buff on them? i.e. an "incorrect" pet summoned? Yeah you sure fixed that one.

Feel free to submit any bugs you come across whether it's new or a recurring one. This wasn't a made-up bug. We have no reason to create such a thing. While you may not have been unlucky enough to encounter this (or even some of your friends) it was a proven bug that was tested, reviewed, fixed and tested more.

As I already said, feedback has been forwarded on. Should we have any follow-up information for you, we'll be sure to share it. In the meantime, constructive feedback is great. Negative accusatory posting isn't constructive or productive though I understand your need to vent your frustration.
#176 - July 15, 2008, 11:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Neth, this is about as calmly as I can type without blood spurting out my eye onto the screen, it is a HUGE pain in the ass to have to waste a shard every time we rez (and mana to resummon).

Either make it easier to farm shards, or put back the "bug" and let us keep the demon when we rez, even after it is saced. You have no idea how annoying and frustrating it is. It's bad enough how much time Destruction Warlocks have to spend farming shards, this just makes it silly.

EDIT:

OR make the buff persist through death.

Noted and please don't burst any blood vessels over this. :) Frustration noted. Feedback noted. And if there is anything more I can give you all on this at some point (or anyone on the Community Team) I/we will.
#501 - July 16, 2008, 5:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This has now been fixed during the restarts this morning. Warlocks using the ability Demonic Sacrifice will once again resurrect with their pet if they die without summoning another pet.

Please let us know if you encounter any other bugs or issues.
#505 - July 16, 2008, 5:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So it's back to normal?

So if I DC my Succy, and then die. When I rez she will come back?

Or did I completely read that wrong...

That is how it should work again. Let us know (report any bugs) if you have any issues.
#582 - July 16, 2008, 10:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
From this post since it seems many people have missed it-

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=7903648095&sid=1&pageNo=26#501

Q u o t e:
This has now been fixed during the restarts this morning. Warlocks using the ability Demonic Sacrifice will once again resurrect with their pet if they die without summoning another pet.

Please let us know if you encounter any other bugs or issues.

I'm closing this thread since this issue is resolved. Any further discussion should be created in a new and constructive thread. Thanks.