When Beta Opt-in Closes...

#0 - July 14, 2008, 10:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Will we get notification when the WOTLK Beta Opt-in closes?

Will we also get notifacation when the WOTLK Beta Opt-in invites are over?

People who don't get in shouldn't be left hanging.
#5 - July 14, 2008, 10:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Will we get notification when the WOTLK Beta Opt-in closes?

Will we also get notifacation when the WOTLK Beta Opt-in invites are over?

People who don't get in shouldn't be left hanging.

From the FAQ here- http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=7716833139&sid=1

Q: How long will opt-in signups be available?
A: Players will be able to opt in until the beta closes.

Beta will run for as long as we feel it is needed and notification is generally given when we are ready to close it down and release.
#12 - July 14, 2008, 10:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
err, the mod didn't answer the question..

he's asking when the BETA OPT IN will close, so the people who DIDN'T make the beta will be informed immediately, not when the actual beta is done.

bump for an answer

The answer is there. It doesn't close until the beta does. People will know if they've made it in or not by whether or not they've received an invitation and been able to download and play the beta. :)
#16 - July 14, 2008, 10:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Ok.

So, it will be announced on the website somewhere, "The WOTLK Beta has begun! Grats to those who received the first wave of invites!"

...or something along those lines?

We will do our best to keep the community informed on the start of beta. I couldn't give you specifics on our plans at this time.
#38 - July 14, 2008, 10:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You still didn't really get the question.

If we didn't get an email JUST NOW, RIGHT WHEN WE PUT OURSELVES IN THE OPT-IN...

...does that mean that we don't get in? It's kind of annoying to just be left hanging, not knowing if we were selected or if we were not.

IE: tell us if we're freaking not going to be in the beta, because we don't want to sit here for weeks wondering if we've already been skipped.

Opt-in only puts you into a pool of people that we will be randomly selecting from and then inviting. You should not expect a "sorry you aren't in this phase of beta" email if that's what you are asking. Doing so would mean you're completely out of the selection pool and we fully intend to invite more people as we go through the process (as we need them). I can't predict for you how many people we will be inviting per phase nor can I tell you what the possibility of you being invited will be.

Aside from the Opt-in, I'm sure you can try your chances at any fansite run contests that may run during the time of the beta.

I'd also caution people about slinging around any insults, even when they are made in jest. Thanks.
#46 - July 14, 2008, 11:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So, say you get invited in the first few waves, do you get to stay the whole LK beta, or do you stay only for one of the phase you were invited for?

Once you're in, you're in. No one is going to come to your house, tap you on the shoulder and tell you, "It's your time." Though that would be kind of neat if we had someone that did that. :)
#51 - July 14, 2008, 11:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
That sounds cooler, sorry Neth, I want a briefcase instead.

Oh.. I see.. the Men in Black approach then? I thought the other would just be more fun for ME.