No DKs - will world PvP return?

#0 - Nov. 29, 2006, 5:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Without DKs, will the days of SS vs. TM return? Will XR become the hotspot it once was? Will city raids become possible again? (I sure hope so...)

And without DKs, what is to stop players from killing quest NPCs? Did they finally make them invulnerable or decrease their respawn time?

Can anyone who has been betatesting or on the PTR fill me in? Thanks!

*reposted from PvP forum to get a better response
#21 - Nov. 29, 2006, 6:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Without DKs, will the days of SS vs. TM return? Will XR become the hotspot it once was? Will city raids become possible again? (I sure hope so...)

And without DKs, what is to stop players from killing quest NPCs? Did they finally make them invulnerable or decrease their respawn time?

Can anyone who has been betatesting or on the PTR fill me in? Thanks!

*reposted from PvP forum to get a better response

For one, we've increased some of the guard levels in some areas. In others we have removed extra npcs and lowered guard levels. That said however, there is nothing necessarily to deter city raids inparticular.

The real question is whether or not most people are going to city raid to the point that it becomes a problem. Up to this point in testing, we haven't seen anything that would indicate that it would become one.

Also keep in mind that there are many other ways people can take part in PvP beyond just city raids. With the addition of arenas, arena ladders, a new battleground and many new outdoor PvP objectives that have rewards attached to them, it's unlikely that city raids will be the most preferred venue for taking part in PvP.
#27 - Nov. 29, 2006, 6:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You underestimate the live players.

People will be willing to invest more time on the live realms to do stupid things. Your testing may not be an accurate representation or what will happen next Tues.

Should be fun from a 60's perspective come Tues. New players may have a rough time though.

Only time will tell my friend. Only time will tell. Perhaps it is you that underestimates the draw of the new objectives. :) Perhaps we're both right in our own ways. We shall see won't we? I do know that so far we have not added epic cheese to the town leaders so there goes that incentive for a city raid. :(
#30 - Nov. 29, 2006, 6:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
now that I haven't looked at but Southshore guards are but its a known fact that Alliance gets better guards at everywhere while Horde get stuck with cooks with spoons trying to protect you

I think we've upgraded to sporks for the Horde too. Rejoice!
#63 - Nov. 29, 2006, 7:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
i think its kind of sad that the blue response is designed to gently deter people from creating their own fun: ie city raids.

By no means was my response tailored to 'deter' people from city raids. I rather enjoy them myself. Others do not enjoy them so I was making it clear that there are many options available with the expansion so it may not be a great concern for those that don't care for them.

Also, I've never been in jail nor can I figure out why being in jail is necessary to know that sporks exist and their many versatile uses. They are truly an instrument of wonder. ;)