What made you go 'whoa'?

#0 - July 16, 2008, 4:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We've all seen things in this game that have awed us, especially when the game was new to us. What in particular made you just go 'wow' when you first saw them?

I'll start with a few of my own:

Stonewrought Dam - When I first found this thing in Loch Modan I was speechless. From the sheer size of it to the carved dwarven heads spewing water it was a sight to see. Of course, I quickly found that there was no easy way back up after my ill-advised obligatory jump off the dam...

Thoradin's Wall - This is the giant wall stretching across the border from Arathi Highlands to Hillsbrad Foothills. When I first came to the gate I felt like I had actually come across some remnant of the warcraft series wars. Stretching across the entire border and damaged from who-knows what, it inspired me to run across it's length to see if I could find some way to get on top of it.

And of course...

Blackrock Mountain - Epic is an understatement for this pinnacle of WoW architecture. From the moment I walked through the iron gates inscribed with the figures of dwarven heads on them I knew I was walking into something magnificent. When I reached the end of the tunnel to see a gigantic cavern before me, dragons swooping through the air above, lava flowing freely everywhere in the enclosure, and great chains stretching from the sides of the wall to the platform in the middle my jaw dropped straight through the floor. Even the instances this zone houses are my favorite, with both Blackrock Spire and Blackrock Depths encompassing huge, sprawling dungeons (The former large enough that it was ever referred to by which side one was going into, LBRS or UBRS, and the latter embodying an entire dwarven city). Nothing in WoW will ever again come close to the majesty this one zone accomplished in my mind.

So, what zones or structures did you stand in awe of when you saw them?
#108 - July 16, 2008, 4:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The first time I saw a full size Ziggurat and the first time I really got to see Orgrimmar. The first time in Orgrimmar was when that feeling of being IN Warcraft hit me. I still get those little thrills.
#122 - July 16, 2008, 4:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As a big Warcraft 3 player, the first time I walked into Stratholme.
#133 - July 16, 2008, 4:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The first time entering C'thun's room.

The whole C'thun encounter for sure.