Stop breaking our mods Blizzard

#0 - July 15, 2008, 11:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Seriously...you allowed people to make mods for the purpose of filling in gaps, enhancing play, ect. That being said every patch you take what is already done by 3rd party mods and break them on a regular basis. I understand if you change the enviroment and a mod gets broke, BUT you have been taking over popular mods and making them your own and in the process breaking the interface if other mods are used. Since 3rd party mods are not supported we can't complain because all you will do is say "Delete the add-on and WTF folders and you should be ok."

You don't HAVE to make every interface mod that people like, nor do you have to break them.
#10 - July 16, 2008, 12:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
A natural consequence of updating a game that allows third party modifications to be used is that these addons will sometimes need to be updated as well to keep current with the game. You can:

A) Accept it and update your mods once every few months when a patch hits
B) Not use mods
C) Complain for the sake of complaining

There are so many possibilities for modifying the interface of this game that you will likely never feel satisfaction by continually sticking with option C.
#15 - July 16, 2008, 12:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
my point...leave the interface alone, people make addons, not you guys.

Yes, though we make the interface, not other people.
#21 - July 16, 2008, 12:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
not just mods, i had to reinstall WoW because my panda-mod (druids in bear form look like pandas) is a no-no! all the other patchs were fine, but not this one. wtb ez solution.

The "ez solution" would be to avoid using addons that violate the Terms of Use.
#40 - July 16, 2008, 12:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

The Terms of Use says it can't be exploiting or give me an unfair advantage

the mod just made a druid in bear form look different to me alone. i would not benefit over my enemy if it was a druid in bear form appeared as a panda

I would be violating if i had rogues in stealth appear as Ragnaros so I can see them; i did no such thing

Alright, well I'm just telling you we've determined model swapping of any kind to be a violation of the Terms of Use which can result in the banning of your account. You can argue differently based on how you read the terms, though it's our determination that matters.
#81 - July 16, 2008, 1:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Do you people at Blizzard realise how fortunate you are that so many people give up time to create stuff for your products for no monetary reward?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/arrogant

You might learn something.

Don't confuse arrogance with truthfulness. I use addons as well. If you expect to modify the interface of the game within the bounds of the Terms of Use though and never have to update these modifications you're being unreasonable.
#145 - July 16, 2008, 4:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

More useful information posted by a Blizz rep. Way to go on your l33t customer service. Seriously though, sometimes it's best not to say anything at all.

Then why are you posting?
#149 - July 16, 2008, 4:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You fail to get the point . I won't bother trying to explain it again.

I wouldn't want to further burden you anyhow.