I am glad the 2.3 ptr will not have premades

#0 - Oct. 4, 2007, 7:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post

It just makes the servers even more crowded than normal, and that is not an easy feat. Now you will not get easy epics.... unless they do another mcweaksauce...

point is that less people testing 2.3 = better for performance sake. There will always be enough, and I REALLY want to check Zul'Aman out, but I want to take my own character, not some lesser premade with tier 6.

#6 - Oct. 4, 2007, 7:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
There's been no announcement to suggest premades won't be available, but if I had to guess, there won't be.

We generally want new dungeon content to be tested, and feedback given, by those already able to attempt the content and provide meaningful feedback based on difficulty relative to their existing characters.
#15 - Oct. 4, 2007, 7:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Overtime Drysc? Go get some sleep.

Also, I enjoy premades. It lets me have fun and what not as others have said. But it also clogs the PTRs, though.. *coughs* Ive.. never been on them when they didnt have premades *whistles innocently*

Heh, that's ok, we know premades draw the crowd, but that's not always conducive to the type of testing and feedback we're looking for.

Originally premades were created because the character copy system was causing some fairly major issues on live realms, and allowing players to copy premade characters solved that. Once we resolved the character copy issues we really had no need for premades, until we saw a need for just a lot of "bodies" on the PTR, and seeing how many people the premades alone brought in it was sort of an obvious way to jingle the keys in front of the door to the PTRs.

So now we generally only offer premades when we need testing but just aren't seeing enough people on to see if things are going to break.