Blizzard.. you want a war?

#0 - April 25, 2008, 4:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
you've started one. The Jodrok is angry, very angry. Every Hunter now dies on sight. no more giving people passes because we are questing in the same area, no more waiting for them to attack me first, now it's on. Hunter's think they will be the Anti-Druid? well the Jodrok is now the Anti-Hunter!

Beware hunter's of Illidan, there's a cat about to pounce.
#9 - April 25, 2008, 4:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
you've started one. The Jodrok is angry, very angry. Every Hunter now dies on sight. no more giving people passes because we are questing in the same area, no more waiting for them to attack me first, now it's on. Hunter's think they will be the Anti-Druid? well the Jodrok is now the Anti-Hunter!

Beware hunter's of Illidan, there's a cat about to pounce.

You say war like it's a bad thing. Perhaps you should take it to the PTR and see how it plays out.

Good hunting Jodrok. May your fur never get matted.
#46 - April 25, 2008, 5:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Ah the CM mantra reigns true from patch to patch "get on the PTR and try it out". How do you know they haven't already? Is there a flag you can see that we can't that says "played on current PTR" next to their post?

Assumptions are bad, mmkay?

On top of that, sometimes you really don't need to test something out to know how it's going to play out, most people have been playing their class alot longer than some QA runt or dev who picked up the class to try things out from a new idea they had for the class. We see the forest for the trees, which transcends your numbers.

I disagree that you don't need to test something to know how it will work out. You can conceptualize it and create a theory on what will occur, but that doesn't guarantee anything. We've put things in testing before only to find it didn't quite play out how we expected. If you could conceptualize something, create a theory from that and implement it without testing, all development of all games would go significantly faster. But that's not how it works.

I would like to think there are many people trying things out right now, but it doesn't hurt to encourage those that haven't tried things out to go ahead and see how it plays out. It may not be as bad as they've made it in their visualization of it or they may discover something new. Assumptions are bad. I agree.
#60 - April 25, 2008, 5:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth,

Ive never spoken with you before. Ive never had a "1st" post and i dont post that often. Im generally just a reader. Is there any way possible that you could relay a message to the devs?

Can you please tell them feral druid feelings on this matter? It doesnt take a genious to realize this will hurt ferals much much more than resto spec. I think its pretty common knowledge feral needs anything but a nerf right now.

Of course I can relay the feelings on the change. I understand what you're saying, but all I can do is relay the feelings so that the Development Team can take it into account in any further changes or adjustments they make. It's not a guarantee of anything, however.
#137 - April 25, 2008, 7:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Maybe I'm being daft, and this not a jab at the person you responded to, but don't the Devs always get some form of feedback about people's impressions/opinions/feelings on the forums? Assuming they don't read them themselves, I would assume there is at least some form of regular "Pulse of the Forums" meeting/feedback ... no?

Yes, and that's exactly what I was trying to convey. We try to cover as much as we can.