What happened to Riding Crop attachment.

#0 - July 21, 2008, 6:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I remember reading some random patch note long ago that riding crop would be useable onto any mount you want and thus give it a permement 10% speed increase rather then the item being a trinket. Did this idea just kinda fade into dust or what.
#6 - July 21, 2008, 6:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I remember reading some random patch note long ago that riding crop would be useable onto any mount you want and thus give it a permement 10% speed increase rather then the item being a trinket. Did this idea just kinda fade into dust or what.

This change is live in the beta right now actually.
#24 - July 21, 2008, 6:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

And having its share of adjustment issues, at least if what I'm reading over in the beta forums is accurate. On one hand, not having to play swap the trinket (especially since 2.4.3 makes that more complicated) is a good thing, but on the other hand, I'm going to need more Riding Crops (not to mention something for druid flight form).

Yeah, pretty much. While it won't be a terrible thing to require a few extra riding crops, (leatherworkers rejoice!), we are still working on seeing how it pans out and working on solutions for classes like Druids who have the casting ability for the mount form.
#47 - July 21, 2008, 7:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
What about Carrot on a Stick?

Assuming everything stays exactly as it is right now, it would also be changed to be a one-time castable item, like the Riding Crop and the Skybreaker Whip.
#52 - July 21, 2008, 7:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

i would asume a riding crop and skybreaker whip are not stackable, but what about a riding crop and a carrot on a stick.

Currently the 10% increase to a mount's speed is the limit (class talents aside).
#73 - July 21, 2008, 7:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Any chance that the riding crop can have a couple charges? They're rather expensive to buy on my server, and lol @grinding the mats myself as resto, even if I can transmute the primal myself. If each crop had like, 5 charges, everyone would be happy. Except maybe leatherworkers, but who cares about them?

I don't want to play favorites with my mounts. Some of them bite when unhappy. :(

Since we are still beta testing, anything can change, but we don't plan to add charges to them right now.