Why do Murky codes expire on oct 28th?

#1 - Oct. 6, 2006, 5:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You could get a lot of money from it on Ebay and that's a no! no! From Blizzard.

#13 - Oct. 6, 2006, 6:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It expires then because the cards were set to expire one year after Blizzcon. It's nothing more than that. We haven't ever made any guarantee that they would never expire.
#26 - Oct. 6, 2006, 7:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Also remember that even if you can't have a baby murloc as a pet on your Draenei and/or Blood Elf that we have a new Netherwhelp that is being included in the CE for The Burning Crusade for those interested.
#37 - Oct. 6, 2006, 7:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

That isn't a Murloc, Neth.

(but please, buy the WOW:TBCCE expansion today! Your Murky woes will fade as the expansion fixes them with a non-Murky pet!)

I know it's not a Murloc. :) I'm just trying to think of alternatives for people that may help make people a little happier. The card expiration is out of my hands and I'm just trying to keep people informed not only with the reality of the situation but of alternate possibilities. I haven't kicked your puppies!
#38 - Oct. 6, 2006, 7:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Now I'm confused. Does the code expire, and thus if you don't use it on an account before the expiration you can't "upgrade" said account, or does the effect expire, IE you already "upgraded" an account and have a murky, but that murky and your ability to get more murkies will go away when the expiration hits?

I don't have a code since I didn't go to Blizzcon, and don't really care about obtaining one, but I am interested in knowing exactly what's expiring.

You need to use your code before the expiration but if you already have a murky attached to a character on an account it will still be there well after the expiration.