To peeps that say ret DPS takes some effort

#0 - March 8, 2010, 4:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First, to the people that know its a really faceroll spec please by all means agree with me if you want idc I just had to get this off my chest. There are, however, some ret paladins that exist out there that try to tell me and other people that you actually need to slightly pay attention to your so called rotation when PVE Dpsing.

Now, on to you paladins and other people that for some reason tell me that it isn't a faceroll dps rotation

As many people know, ret paladins currently are by far one of the easiest if not the easiest thing to play in this game. Yes, everything in this game is easy now but that doesn't change this fact.

Also, I will say that these examples aren't directed towards how to pve on fights that require strategy. Some of the fights in ICC do require half a brain to complete because you need to actually do things rather than just sit and mash buttons. I myself have never been past festergut / rotface in ICC 10 so I won't give examples past them, I'll just say that I know for a fact that rotface while is extremely easy, you raid members as everyone knows do need to actually think. These examples are just to say that the ret paladin rotation is really goddamn easy.

But to say out my point I have a month-long experience that convinced and confirmed to me that there is no way in hell that ret paladin dps takes effort. Yes, reading posts people have posted about how "Oh pressing specific spells as priorities before others if they come off cooldown at the same time increases your dps" or whatever has made me think that maybe its true but never bothered to care or try since I did decent dps anyways.

For a month, days after the frost dude in VoA was realeased, my monitor was broken due to failure. However, I was still able to view a portion of my screen, so I logged on once a week to do VoA 10 / 25 and the weekly raid so I wouldnt be MAJORLY short on frost emblems.

If you must know what I mean by a portion of my monitor, heres a picture.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z317/garon9/DSC04523.jpg

My gear is a bit foggy since I haven't logged onto him for some time due to my account being inactive(Posting from my other account that I have that I didn't realise was active until recently) but I'm sure my PVE gear was the following or close to
Two pieces of t9.25
1 piece of t10
1800 relentless weapon
Relentless belt / cloak
Bracers from heroic PoS
Whispering fanged skull / DMCGreatness as my trinkets
TOC 25 pants that had haste and I think crit on 'em
ICC 10 boots with expertise
Ony neck.
Friendly Ashen Virdect ring and the bloodstone band(?) from triumphs as my rings.

Now, I for one never really cared for DPS meters and never really bothered to ask for the dps meters through these runs. I usually had my own meter, but I could not move it to the top left of my screen to where I could see it since like.. well.. I couldn't see the recount window.

However, I wasn't suprised when I did the weekly which was patchwerk at the time and someone posted dps meters when we finished. I was at the top with 6.3k DPS
Mind you all I really could do these fights was bash my fingers 5 keys while I watched tv since looking at that broken monitor was hurtful to my eyes.

So to any of you people that try to tell me that I need to pay attentiion to my super hard dps rotation, I say to you, shaddap.
You aren't pro, stop trying to be. Ret paladin dps in PVE is in the top 5 the easiest things to do in this game.

Oh and for you PVP people out there, I did do the BG daily once a day and while I couldn't see what I was doing, I was killing people without being able to see what I was doing in these BG's. Don't tell me that PVP in BG's takes effort as a ret paladin effort, please.
In arenas I can understand that you need to pay attention and do things, use more macros / keybinds, and support your partner to live if he takes damage w/e. But please, just please, stop saying you're pro as ret when it really takes such little effort compaired to every other class / spec in the game.

/end rant.
Please, /thread or continue to argue over pointless topics that include potatoes and muffins if you want.

Edit for the textz
#41 - March 8, 2010, 6:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
First, to the people that know its a really faceroll spec please by all means agree with me if you want idc I just had to get this off my chest. There are, however, some ret paladins that exist out there that try to tell me and other people that you actually need to slightly pay attention to your so called rotation when PVE Dpsing.

Now, on to you paladins and other people that for some reason tell me that it isn't a faceroll dps rotation

As many people know, ret paladins currently are by far one of the easiest if not the easiest thing to play in this game. Yes, everything in this game is easy now but that doesn't change this fact.

Also, I will say that these examples aren't directed towards how to pve on fights that require strategy. Some of the fights in ICC do require half a brain to complete because you need to actually do things rather than just sit and mash buttons. I myself have never been past festergut / rotface in ICC 10 so I won't give examples past them, I'll just say that I know for a fact that rotface while is extremely easy, you raid members as everyone knows do need to actually think. These examples are just to say that the ret paladin rotation is really goddamn easy.

But to say out my point I have a month-long experience that convinced and confirmed to me that there is no way in hell that ret paladin dps takes effort. Yes, reading posts people have posted about how "Oh pressing specific spells as priorities before others if they come off cooldown at the same time increases your dps" or whatever has made me think that maybe its true but never bothered to care or try since I did decent dps anyways.

For a month, days after the frost dude in VoA was realeased, my monitor was broken due to failure. However, I was still able to view a portion of my screen, so I logged on once a week to do VoA 10 / 25 and the weekly raid so I wouldnt be MAJORLY short on frost emblems.

If you must know what I mean by a portion of my monitor, heres a picture.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z317/garon9/DSC04523.jpg

My gear is a bit foggy since I haven't logged onto him for some time due to my account being inactive(Posting from my other account that I have that I didn't realise was active until recently) but I'm sure my PVE gear was the following or close to
Two pieces of t9.25
1 piece of t10
1800 relentless weapon
Relentless belt / cloak
Bracers from heroic PoS
Whispering fanged skull / DMCGreatness as my trinkets
TOC 25 pants that had haste and I think crit on 'em
ICC 10 boots with expertise
Ony neck.
Friendly Ashen Virdect ring and the bloodstone band(?) from triumphs as my rings.

Now, I for one never really cared for DPS meters and never really bothered to ask for the dps meters through these runs. I usually had my own meter, but I could not move it to the top left of my screen to where I could see it since like.. well.. I couldn't see the recount window.

However, I wasn't suprised when I did the weekly which was patchwerk at the time and someone posted dps meters when we finished. I was at the top with 6.3k DPS
Mind you all I really could do these fights was bash my fingers 5 keys while I watched tv since looking at that broken monitor was hurtful to my eyes.

So to any of you people that try to tell me that I need to pay attentiion to my super hard dps rotation, I say to you, shaddap.
You aren't pro, stop trying to be. Ret paladin dps in PVE is in the top 5 the easiest things to do in this game.

Oh and for you PVP people out there, I did do the BG daily once a day and while I couldn't see what I was doing, I was killing people without being able to see what I was doing in these BG's. Don't tell me that PVP in BG's takes effort as a ret paladin effort, please.
In arenas I can understand that you need to pay attention and do things, use more macros / keybinds, and support your partner to live if he takes damage w/e. But please, just please, stop saying you're pro as ret when it really takes such little effort compaired to every other class / spec in the game.

/end rant.
Please, /thread or continue to argue over pointless topics that include potatoes and muffins if you want.

Edit for the textz

I'm going to call trolling on this one. Thread closed.