Welcome to Wednesday-

#0 - June 4, 2008, 4:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So... it's June now. One thing I have noticed in game is the number of people playing and who is on has shifted as some people go out to see this magical thing called "sunlight" and other from school log on for the first time since Christmas. Casual Guilds definately feel the power shift, because people you counted on to be regulars are now gone and people you ran with 6 months ago are rusty and undergeared, so you get to do it all over again. Yay.

With the advent of WoTLK on the horizon (yes, this YEAR puts it "on the horizon"), many players are wondering what we have to look forward to- You see, at this point spending an inordiante amount of time gearing up seems nearly futile, as all the things you work for from now until WoTLK become passe with the first crop of greens that drop. One of the things that I think would help keep players interests would be if Blizzard took the time to talk to each class individually and shead some light on the direction they plan to take the classes with the advent of siege equipemnt, a new class, more content, and a whole RANGE of new abilities that have been alluded to but never confirmed.

I know that Blizzard has already amassed a MASSIVE file on shaman changes- they have been working on it diligently since February. Perhaps now would be a good time to share with the group, before frustration with existing content and the siren's call of real life causes many seasoned players to lose interest...
#3 - June 4, 2008, 4:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Darshnar, as always I admire your tenacity, your dedication, and your candor. The answers are still the same for now, when we have more to share we will be. We have no answers as of yet to things you would like to see, and at this point, I'm leaning more toward most information coming in the form of what we're doing now and in the future, which may address some of the past. Again though, I have no ETA or specifics.

I know many people are anxious for more information, but again, I must reassure people that we have been paying attention to discussion.

In the meantime, summer is here, and as we tend to see, people do get busy out in the land of the sun (please wear sunscreen) and start spending time going on vacations. Hopefully, that time is well spent and enjoyable. We'll keep the lights on as always. :) Happy Wednesday.

*As a quick addition- There will also be more Wrath information in all due time as well.
#10 - June 4, 2008, 4:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
How's that new podcast coming, Neth?

Very well, thank you for asking! It won't be much longer. ;)
#39 - June 4, 2008, 5:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Theyve been working on some podcast for over four months, i dont listen to it, but its an example of poor time management

How bout season 4 arena? Theyve ignored that topic except to give trolling responses for over 2 months now

I dunno I just see them not speaking till Blizzcon, unfortunately my server might be empty by then, as players get bored and move on

You're making an assumption that all we've been doing is working on the Podcast. As I've said before, it takes more than a couple of people sitting down at a microphone to create these and everyone isn't working on the podcast all at once. ;)

We haven't ignored the topic of Season 4. In fact, I'm sure you'll see some rather lengthy posts about what to expect and we have repeatedly told people that we will give a two week notice on when this will happen.

BlizzCon is a bit away from now, as you've noticed, we have more recently had information come out on the expansion and you can expect that trend to continue.

I understand that people like to sometimes cling to negativity like a blanket and wrap it around themselves so they don't get disappointed, we don't like to disappoint either. But, that said, being positive tends to raise spirits and brings about positive things. It doesn't hurt to be optimistic every now and again. I swear it doesn't.
#54 - June 4, 2008, 5:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm the Lucy with the 5 cent booth for psychiatric help. I'm not holding the football because I never liked the idea of being kicked . I'm still going to be here listening and doing what I can to talk to everyone and keep them informed of what I can with the rest of the Community Team.

Just like Season 3, there are factors that we need to take into account before enacting Season 4. There are also some other processes that need to occur in order to go live with it. While we know people are anxious, there is a plan and we will be giving a specific date as soon as we are able.
#63 - June 4, 2008, 6:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

That would be the Lucy that went into a near euphoric trance every time she got a nickel, chanting something like "Nickels, nickels, nickels, how I love to hear that sound!", right? Should I assume from this that it's the $15/month from each of us that most excites you about the community?

You're focusing on an aspect I'm not. It's never about the nickels to me. It's about the helping. You brought up the Lucy analogy for pulling away the ball, I brought it up as I'd be more like to sit in the help booth. You're assumption is incredibly off-base about my motivations and while I could say I'm offended, I don't see the point in it. People will always assume what they wish and for some of those, they'd prefer to assume the worst just so they can feel vindicated in posting what they do.

I'll also prompt people as always that if you feel you have feedback on Community Team performance please email to wocmfeedback@blizzard.com. While emails are read, they are not responded to. These forums are the wrong place to discuss it.
#97 - June 4, 2008, 8:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You also said Podcast would come out once a week. Either you or some other CM.

Once a month. We haven't hit that obviously, but as I've said before, we're ironing out some kinks.
#99 - June 4, 2008, 9:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There's not anything you can do to speed things up, however, I appreciate your desire to help. As always, the most important thing is keeping posts clear, constructive, and on point whenever possible. It helps us read through them easier, get to the most important factors, and allows us to forward on any questions or concerns within them.