Anyone else enjoy leveling more than end game

#0 - March 14, 2010, 11:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Anyone else here enjoy leveling characters more than end game content? I get bored easily at 80 because everything centers around dungeons, PvP, and who has the best gear. I play this game for fun, not to show off.

EDIT: It would seem after 8 full pages of replies that there is a clear divide with some players enjoying leveling like me, and some players that would prefer to skip to level 80 content.
Now for those who would rather skip to 80, Why? What does your level mean if you don't earn it? Is it possible that the reason you hate leveling is that you burn out from trying to rush to 80 as fast as you can instead of enjoying the content? What is so enjoyable about being tied to your computer for a 2 hour raid or battleground that you have done 10, 20, 50 times before?
#78 - March 16, 2010, 12:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I wouldn't say that I enjoy it more, but I really do like leveling new characters. Both have a different kind of appeal for me.
#84 - March 16, 2010, 1:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
if you like leveling more than end game.. your playing the wrong game. anyone paying 15 a month just to level a bunch characters is wasting their time and money

Edit: first first!

If someone's having fun, I'd say it's not a waste at all.
#123 - March 16, 2010, 3:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have something like four level 80's that I've hit 80 with and that same day stopped playing...

I have my night set tonight to actually pick up my enhancement shaman again though. Which is always daunting to try to remember how to play it, especially if there have been major class changes since. At one point I dropped a rogue I had been leveling right after the game launched, and I went back to it years later to find him wearing spirit and int gear... so embarrassing. At the time my only conclusion was that I must have thought it was ok to do so because it had more armor than another piece? ... !? ... I still don't know. I'm not proud of it. Or to find the insane action bar setups, or weird valueless items being kept in the bank.

Anyway! I think I enjoy leveling because it's something I can do on my own terms. But it's different, because I could just go do dailies or whatever if that was the only factor. I think the achievement of leveling and getting new spells and abilities and discovering the class is where the difference and real attraction lay for me.

But I do have a character or two that's seen current end game content.

My street cred just dropped to 0, huh? Did I have any before?