Ventrilo wont work on my mac! GSM 6.10??

#0 - Dec. 14, 2007, 4:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just don't get it I can sign in Ventrilo just fine and it even works on some servers where they are using speex but when I sign into my guilds server it says:

--Failed to get encoder for specified Codec.

This client platform currently supports only the Speex codec. The server and/ or channel is configured to use the "GSM 6.10" codec.

It will let me log in but I can't hear anyone talking and I know they can't hear me either! I've tried to google search the gsm 6.10 codec and I can't find it. I downloaded a few different codec packs and I don't even know how to install them on my computer. I'm just a DJ not some computer genious!! Isn't Mac supposed to be all about simplicity? Someone help me here, what do I do!?
#1 - Dec. 14, 2007, 5:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Jaedon,

This isn't a Blizzard issue, but I know the cause of it from my personal experience. If a Ventrilo server isn't using Speex, Mac users will not be able to talk or hear other users.

You'd have to ask the owner of the Ventrilo server to change the codec to Speex. PC users will still be able to use the server with this codec. If you need further information, I'd suggest contacting Flagship Industries (maker of Ventrilo): http://www.ventrilo.com