Repair Tool for Mac OS X Leopard

#0 - Nov. 14, 2007, 11:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just got an error after installing a new UI that says:

Assertion Failed!

Failed to open archive interface.MPQ:
/Volumes/F2/usrbuild/xb/build/WoW_7561patch2.3.0/WoW/
Source/Mac/../Client.cpp:2873

I'm wondering if this is because the new UI simply didn't contain that file (on macs, replacing a file erases the old folder/file and puts in the new folder/file), or if I just need to manually download and install patch 2.3?

I can't find my installation discs so I tried to download TBC from this site, but I couldn't find the original WoW on this site, so I can't reinstall TBC till i find my discs.

I also tried looking for the repair tool, but I didn't find it...and because I'm on a mac I can't use the downloadable repair tool because it is .exe format (Mac OS X 4 and < use .dmg format).

Does anybody have any idea what to do?
#1 - Nov. 15, 2007, 6:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Olawles,

Unfortunately, there is no repair utility for Macs.

World of Warcraft can be downloaded from the following link:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/files/mac/wowclient-downloader.dmg
#6 - July 12, 2008, 3 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello Scorpie,

It's still a valid method of "repairing" a corrupted World of Warcraft.

My method: Pseudo Time Machine: After I installed a fresh World of Warcraft, Burning Crusade and patched, I copied the entire World of Warcraft folder to an external hard drive. After every big patch and after I make sure it works, I get rid of the Cache, WTF and Interface folders and copy the entire folder to the external hard drive, replacing the old one in there.

If my game does get corrupted, all I do is delete the World of Warcraft on my HD and move the copy from the external hard drive. Estimated time to do this : 15 mins. Estimated time to fully uninstall and reinstall the game: seems like forever.
#8 - June 25, 2009, 4:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello Typhòòn,

There is no separate download of the Launcher, it's part of the game. Any reason why yours isn't working ? You will need it for any patches in the future. Also have you reset the permissions for your WoW Æ’older yet ?

#11 - Aug. 12, 2009, 8:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This actually belongs on the Suggestions forums. Thanks!