The file Localization.xml could not be loaded

Forum Avatar
#0 - June 8, 2010, 3:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
what does this mean and how do I fix it?
#1 - June 8, 2010, 3:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings, Ton

The meaning changes slightly based on what you're trying to do when the message comes up.
#3 - June 8, 2010, 3:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Try going into Macintosh HD/Users/Shared and delete the Blizzard folder(s) in there. Those folders contain, among other things, a "table of contents" to let the computer know where to find what.
#5 - June 8, 2010, 3:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hrmm....I'm beginning to think that the installation you've got on there currently is pretty corrupted. I'm afraid that my next suggestion is going to be a fresh start.

**NOTE: If you have WotLK, you can just install that and skip WoW and several patches.**

Before you start the reinstall process, check your permissions and check your hard drive's directory to make sure everything is in running order.

Please use the steps below to repair file permission settings on the hard drive you have installed World of Warcraft.
1.) Click on the Finder icon in the Dock
2.) Open the Applications folder
3.) Open the Utilities folder
4.) Double click on the Disk Utility application icon
5.) Select the hard drive the game is installed on
6.) Select the First Aid option
7.) Click on the Repair Disk Permissions button

Repair Directory Procedure:
1. (Re) start the computer
2. Right after the computer starts press Cmd (Apple) +s until you get a black screen with white type
3. Let go of the keys when this screen comes up
4. At the cursor please type the following: fsck -f -y and press return
5. Please be aware that some of the procedures will look like they are frozen, but are actually taking a long time i.e. checking hierarchy
6. If anything had to be repaired, repeat step 4
7. Once things are repaired type exit and press return
8. Computer will boot into Mac OS

I would also recommend running the Apple Hardware Test. You will need to have the original disc your computer was shipped with in the drive. Hold down "D" while you're booting. This is particular to Intel Macs. If you have a PPC Mac (G4 or G5), you'll hold down "Option" while booting to get into the Startup Manager where you can choose the Apple Hardware Test from the choices.

I'd recommend an extended test of all hardware, looping if that's possible. That will let us know for sure if there are any hardware problems. If it reports any hardware issues, you'll want to contact a local Apple Service Provider to address those.

In order to remove World of Warcraft safely from your system, you will need to:
1. Go to your Mac HD/Applications folder and move your World of Warcraft to the Trash
2. Go to your Mac HD/Users/Shared folder and move the Blizzard folder to the Trash
3. Go to your Mac HD/Users/your account/Library/Preferences and delete any files associated with WOW:
(You might not have all of these files since I'm running a lot more versions of WOW)
- com.blizzard.downloader.plist
- com.blizzard.Downloader.prefs
- com.blizzard.errorreporter.plist
- com.blizzard.Installer.plist
- com.blizzard.launcher.plist
- Com.blizzard.World of Warcraft.prefs
- com.blizzard.World of Warcraft.survey.prefs

4. Empty Trash
5. Install World of Warcraft, then download and install the patches.

**NOTE: If you have WotLK, you can just install that and skip WoW and several patches.**