Endless stream of QQ

#0 - May 25, 2009, 11:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Just felt like saying something about this pvp community

The forums are filled entirely with biased QQ
On the first 2pages of this forum alone you will find:
Omg druids are op! Omg warriors are op! Omg paladins(prot/holy/retri) are op! Omg penance/mana burn is op! Omg mages are op! Omg rogues are op! Omg Dks are op!

Omg fix shamans! Omg fix warlocks!

Half these posts come from idiots in bad gear that don't know the abilities their opponents have.

My point is, NOTHING is ever good for this community, everything gets QQed about or flamed

'Ur a paladin, therefore ur opinion is void' ~try using this as an argument in real life, see how far it takes you

90% of the people here are just filled with frustration over a GAME

If someone is a casual player, gtfo scrub
If someone plays at high rating, gj mr fotm

Nothing is ever good for anyone, everything is op or l2p or scrub or whatnot

Ur surprised devs dont bother with this forum ? Im not

There are a few decent posts here and there, but 99% is internet heroes flaming eachother, looking for any 'mistakes' or 'defensive flaw' someone else makes so they can flame them for it and totally side-track the discussion:
"rofl gj mr 1400 rating"
1) the fact he has 1400 rating doesnt necesarily mean he's wrong
2) This always comes from a low level alt bc his main is also 1400 rated

Why dont u guys lighten up and do adult and constructive posts instead of flaming eachother for everything you can think of?

Just think about it for a few minutes and you might see the light

In b4 LOL QQ about QQ

Have a nice day
#9 - May 25, 2009, 2:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
In the past hour, I have seen threads claiming Rogues, Warriors, Paladins, Death Knights, Druids, Mages, Hunters, Warlocks, Priests and Shamans are overpowered and in need of a nerf. If I were to judge by the forums alone, every class in the game is currently too strong; a scenario that simply is not the case.

Fact with these forums is, most of the threads here claiming a class' overpoweredness are fueled by and based on subjective bias; often times from a few run ins with said class in game where that player reduced poster's hitpoints to zero.

It is unfortunate that such emotionally fuelled posts in most cases carry too much of a bias to be of any constructive use. Statements such as "I just died in one kidneyshot! Nerf rogues!1!11" gives little to no understanding of what actually happened. Often times too many variables are left out of the picture for others to fully understand where the problem lies, and the result - as you have seen - is a large amount of "QQ" threads carrying little value to anyone.

That is, however, not to say that every thread is dead wrong in its' claims, but rather that the signal to noise ratio (amount of threads that might be right vs the amount of threads that carries no value) is rather high. I suppose that this case is somewhat to be expected; it has been statistically stated that humans are a lot more likely to comment and post about a negative experience rather than a positive one.

Of course, the above does not encompass every thread and post here on the forums, but I'd wager to say that a large amount of such threads can be attributed to a situation explained above. In the end it is unfortunate that players are letting their personal bias get the better of their posting choices; threads that violate the forum rules (and nerf threads or pvp trolls do in fact violate the rules) does little else than to get the poster suspended and banned; ensuring that their feedback most certainly will not reach the ears or eyes of those they are trying to talk with in the first place.

Alas, I digress; If players are unable to post within the confines of what we deem appropriate on these forums we both can and will enforce moderation to ensure that such posts are dealt with appropriately.

Now before this post gets entirely too long, I would like to take the opportunity to remind everyone that there are threads in the class forums where players can ask questions regarding the classes. They are stickied and at the top of each forum. We would like to note that while all classes might not have received their thread yet, there is a schedule in place and all classes will get a thread of their own in which to submit questions in. An overview of the Class Questions threads can be found here: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=9163981415&sid=1
#52 - May 25, 2009, 3:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You completely miss the point tbh. While your correct that people who complain about classes themselves being OP, a lot of people "qq" as it were because certain abilities of certain classes are overpowered, which is true for certain classes skills.

Some abilities, granted, may or may not be a little over the top. However, that is why we are constantly tuning and balancing classes to iron out any quirks that might be uncovered. Now, to say that I completely miss the point and refer to "individual abilities" as substantial evidence is somewhat far fetched. Even threads regarding individual abilities can be, and often is, devoid of all the contextual information required to understand exactly what the problem is.

I suppose a good example of this is the rogue ability "sap". Recently, there have been a good amount of threads proclaiming its' utility overpowered, despite the fact the ability and its' mechanics have not changed for several seasons of Arena. An ability that previously was considered "fine" and has not undergone any changes is "suddenly" considered overpowered. In a situation like this, there are other underlying factors that have changed the way some players perceive the ability. What are they? Why did changes to other parts of the game change a players' perception of an ability that has not changed?

These are the types of variables that are important to know before possibly making any sort of change to any ability, and also unfortunately, the sort of variables that are omitted in a great deal of posts. That said, expecting all posters to be able to pick up on all the variables is not really realistic, nor should they have to. It all boils down to understanding the whole picture and not just "tunnelvisioning" a singular ability without putting it in the right context.