PTR install issue (Failed to apply patch)

#0 - Oct. 6, 2009, 4:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
it's me again!

Yes, I missed you too. =)

Here's my new issue:

* I downloaded the PTR client and installed it (Blizzard Updater.exe, installer Tomb.mpq, Installer Tomb 2.mpq)

* I ran the Blizzard Updater and chose a destination path for it to be installed to.

* After installation, I ran the Launcher.exe file and, after it updated the launcher (World of Warcraft v0.0.1.8874 is where it stopped giving me updates) and hit Play.

* It goes through the Blizzard splash screen, I scroll through the updated EULA, and get to the login screen. I put in my information, connect, and it starts to download new patch. 1%, 2%, 3% .. (you might want to go out for coffee while I count up the percents) 4...5... (zipzipzipzip) ... 100% Restart!

It starts downloading - at first. I am on, as I mentioned before, an unstable USB modem. Also, the act of using the blizzard updater completely KILLS any hope of getting a single byte of bandwidth along the entire network.

Early this morning, about halfway through the patching process (give or take, I wasn't coherant), a roommate wanted to use the connection and asked if I could stop the update. I said "nngghhfffs", which translates, loosely, into "Go for it, and don't wake me up again or i'll stab you with a melon baller."

After finally re-awaking, I try to re-start the update process. I get into the launcher, I get into the client, to the login screen, I put in my data... connect.... Patching... 1%...2%..3%... (zoom)...100% Restart!

* "Failed to Apply Patch. Please try again later or contact technical support."

Oh, poop.

I ran Launcher.exe as administrator, same issue. I ran the wow.exe file in the PTR folder as administrator, same issue. I ran my ORIGINAL world of warcraft launcher (non-PTR), and hit the Public Test button at that point, as Administrator, and same issue crops up.

My first test was to re-install the whole thing. I still had the Blizzard Installer and the tombs, so I deleted the directory and tried again. This time, I let the installer install to the default directory /public/games/ etc ..

Same thing. :( It didn't even try to start patching like it did the first time.

As always, thanks in advance,

~Detton

#1 - Oct. 6, 2009, 4:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi Detton,

Try going into the C:\Users\Public\Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft folder and look for a file called WoW-0.3.0.10522-enUS-ptr-downloader.exe. Double-click on that and see what happens.